R.I.P. VMP Forum

I think we International members did well out of the shipping process as well. It was consistantly about 10 days from notification for me. And they appeared to ship fast as it was going overseas. My guess is they bundled all overseas shipments in one lot and sent to saddle creek separately. In fact it was only my first shipment (that just didn't arrive) and one or two others in 4 yrs that i had issues with. I think longevity with the product made me a little ho hum. Im gonna stop talking about them soon :)

This is another really good point. Compared to a lot of domestic customers who frequently suffered shipping woes, I pretty much receive my stuff a clean 10 days after shipping which is what I expect for international delivery. December just passed was the only real oddity on that front. So consequently, I haven’t had a steady grinding down from issues that so many domestic customers have and that I totally understand.

This is another really good point. Compared to a lot of domestic customers who frequently suffered shipping woes, I pretty much receive my stuff a clean 10 days after shipping which is what I expect for international delivery. December just passed was the only real oddity on that front. So consequently, I haven’t had a steady grinding down from issues that so many domestic customers have and that I totally understand.
But shipping-wise i also have a more relaxed mindset as an american customer. As an intl subscriber i know that i won´t have my records on release day and international shipping takes time. So i never expected them to be faster then they are.

lets face it..

VMP offered unique albums of high quality (most of the time) but they greedy af and they shut down our kingdom to silence us.

And no one matches them at all. And it sucks cause they basically hold a monopoly somewhat.

so alot of us are still going to be on VMP even if we dont agree with the bullshit

lets face it..

VMP offered unique albums of high quality (most of the time) but they greedy af and they shut down our kingdom to silence us.

And no one matches them at all. And it sucks cause they basically hold a monopoly somewhat.

so alot of us are still going to be on VMP even if we dont agree with the bullshit
They're getting way too "corporate". I miss the company I signed up for.

lets face it..

There are plenty of companies that make quality records

lets face it..

At the end of the day, the quality of the product is still exceptional. I got my Experience Unlimited ROTM in the mail last week and was blown away by how good it sounds. On one hand, it's good that the product itself isn't necessarily being affected by the company fuckery (though secondary issues like overselling, price increases, etc. are absolutely on the rise). On the other hand, it does make it more difficult to quit VMP, which is a good thing for them of course, but it complicates the situation for those of us debating when to jump ship. I really wish there was another company I know I can ALWAYS go to for a wide variety of high-quality vinyl releases that aren't $40+ (most of the time... :rolleyes:). But as the price of exclusives creeps up, and as the QC creeps down, the walls are closing in on VMP, and I hope that other companies can look at what VMP was putting out in their "glory days" and refine the process even further

I think we International members did well out of the shipping process as well. It was consistantly about 10 days from notification for me. And they appeared to ship fast as it was going overseas. My guess is they bundled all overseas shipments in one lot and sent to saddle creek separately. In fact it was only my first shipment (that just didn't arrive) and one or two others in 4 yrs that i had issues with. I think longevity with the product made me a little ho hum. Im gonna stop talking about them soon :)

This was another big plus for me.Postage was relatively consistent (although I did have 1 package a few weeks back that took 3 weeks longer to arrive compared with other London based members) and most of the time it was cheaper to buy from vmp and have it shipped over compared with buying it straight from my local shop.

Another big purchase I took advantage of was the Kanto YU6 speakers. I couldn't find them in matte black anywhere in the UK and VMP had them cheaper than anywhere else I could find. On top of that shipping was free, and it would have certainly cost me a considerable amount from anywhere else.

that rabbit papillomavirus that causes them to grow horns - jackelope style
Did not know this was a thing!

I used to find a lot of one-eyed toads in the backyard when I was growing up. I always wondered what caused that. Used to imagine that they were mutant fallout refugees.

I just saw this on Twitter:

I got one of these messages too, last week. First time I've gotten anything like this from Discogs. But I already *have* this record. And if I got it because it's an "artist alert," well, the only reason I have that artist associated to my collection is because I HAVE THIS RECORD. Seems like a weird artist to test this feature out with.

Did anybody else get one of these?

I just saw this on Twitter:

I got one of these messages too, last week. First time I've gotten anything like this from Discogs. But I already *have* this record. And if I got it because it's an "artist alert," well, the only reason I have that artist associated to my collection is because I HAVE THIS RECORD. Seems like a weird artist to test this feature out with.

Did anybody else get one of these?

I got one last week too! I had no clue what it was and just deleted it.

I best not get another from Voldemort Me, Please or I will email them @info so fast!

Back