Pre-Order Thread

The eco mix of the last Big Thief record and the new solo Adrianne Lenker album both sound pretty great to me.

I think eco mix is deferent to recycled. My understanding is recycled is broken down mispressed and overpressed records and can sound a bit crap for a number of reasons and that eco mix was leftover unused pellets from other pressing that were of a variety of colours mixed together to make the new record.

May the Force Be with you.

1711759313506.jpeg

I think eco mix is deferent to recycled. My understanding is recycled is broken down mispressed and overpressed records and can sound a bit crap for a number of reasons and that eco mix was leftover unused pellets from other pressing that were of a variety of colours mixed together to make the new record.
“Eco Mix is a new effect that uses 100% recycled vinyl, and is split into six distinctive color groups...The warehouse team sorts rejected vinyl records into bins representing our 6 Eco Mix options. After the center labels are punched out, the discs are reground and kept in inventory for future Eco Mix vinyl orders.“

“Eco Mix is a new effect that uses 100% recycled vinyl, and is split into six distinctive color groups...The warehouse team sorts rejected vinyl records into bins representing our 6 Eco Mix options. After the center labels are punched out, the discs are reground and kept in inventory for future Eco Mix vinyl orders.“
Sounds like making granola bars

Funny I bought one last year that described it as basically getting all the part used barrels of PVC pellets and throwing them in together. I suppose like all things in this hobby there aren’t really industry terms, people just use terms how they want to themselves!

Funny I bought one last year that described it as basically getting all the part used barrels of PVC pellets and throwing them in together. I suppose like all things in this hobby there aren’t really industry terms, people just use terms how they want to themselves!
This was from the PRP/GZ site so I think “eco-mix” from their plant is recycled. I’ve seen what you’re talking about too so maybe that’s how a different plant does it?

But you’re right—people often use terms incorrectly and however they want even if it’s not right 🤣

It is cool that GZ/PRP does it and the few I have don’t really have any noticeable difference in sound quality

This was from the PRP/GZ site so I think “eco-mix” from their plant is recycled. I’ve seen what you’re talking about too so maybe that’s how a different plant does it?

But you’re right—people often use terms incorrectly and however they want even if it’s not right 🤣

It is cool that GZ/PRP does it and the few I have don’t really have any noticeable difference in sound quality

It’s a cool idea and I’m glad they’re getting better at it. I avoided them because I got a couple, pre Covid, that sounded like a detuned radio, there was a feeling back then that when they grinded fhe records that labels and all were going in. Hopefully they’ve got more diligent about how it’s being done!

I'm sure I'll buy this eventually because I like all the singles but all these copies are super expensive

1711998594740.png

1711998614446.png

View attachment 199258

View attachment 199259

OMG

You just saved me a lot of money for this. This album came out kinda late in the 2000's Emo shuffle and yet it really stood out amongst what was popular at the time. Reminds me of bands like Northstar and Cartel a bit.

Last edited:
Every bit helps but looking at Discogs her last album had 11 different variants. Hopefully she heeds her own advice moving forward.
View attachment 199069
And none of them sounds good. I would have taken just one variant that didn't sound like the vinyl is dirty no matter how many times you clean it.

New Pedro the Lion. Last couple have been great.

Back