Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 199047
Can we get Sister Sweetly already?!?!

This is truly pure greed.
the whole "it's not on PNYC Roseland but was going to be!" is...weird, since they're not from the roseland gig, but ok, whatever. Why not just put them on the reissue then? the overpriced $50+ reissue? oh just another way to make it a $75 reissue but more inconvenient? Man, fuck that noise.

the whole "it's not on PNYC Roseland but was going to be!" is...weird, since they're not from the roseland gig, but ok, whatever. Why not just put them on the reissue then? the overpriced $50+ reissue? oh just another way to make it a $75 reissue but more inconvenient? Man, fuck that noise.
Sad. But pretty much everything to do with this stupid vinyl revival is driven by greed.

Sad. But pretty much everything to do with this stupid vinyl revival is driven by greed.

Already we are looking back pre-revival with mixed feelings and a touch of nostalgia. Used records were dirt cheap whenever you found them but new release vinyl was very hard to come by. 😉

“It was the best of times,

It was the worst of times, ….”

Charles Dickens ATOTC.

1711745740695.png

I hate the term virtue signaling, but maybe this is an actual example. Or maybe it's just plain old hypocrisy.
I will say maybe she just put two and two together.

I used to recycle plastic shopping bags until I learned that they are not actually recyclable and learned that I was probably doing more damage by attempting to recycle them than if I just through them in the trash. Once I found out I switched to paper bags and reusable bags. Maybe that’s the case here. She just connected the dots and now moving forward no more multiple color variants.

She would have been smart to mention her past history with this though.

I will say maybe she just put two and two together.

I used to recycle plastic shopping bags until I learned that they are not actually recyclable and learned that I was probably doing more damage by attempting to recycle them than if I just through them in the trash. Once I found out I switched to paper bags and reusable bags. Maybe that’s the case here. She just connected the dots and now moving forward no more multiple color variants.

She would have been smart to mention her past history with this though.
I think the distinction Billie is trying to make is not about various color variants but rather the artists who offer multiple vinyl "packages" that include different tracks or merch.

Those of us (er, all of us) who suffer from FOMO start chasing down every package variant - and suddenly end up with six only slightly different versions of Taylor's latest (not ME, of course!)

I could be wrong - but seems like choosing among a kaleidoscope of vinyl colors for a single album is different than trying to be a "track completist" for that same release.

I think the distinction Billie is trying to make is not about various color variants but rather the artists who offer multiple vinyl "packages" that include different tracks or merch.

Those of us (er, all of us) who suffer from FOMO start chasing down every package variant - and suddenly end up with six only slightly different versions of Taylor's latest (not ME, of course!)

I could be wrong - but seems like choosing among a kaleidoscope of vinyl colors for a single album is different than trying to be a "track completist" for that same release.
That doesn’t make sense though. She is talking about using recycled black vinyl for her albums. Content isn’t the issues… well, not as much as variants in general. I would say it’s safe to assume that many of the people are buying additional vinyl for extra tracks are likely buying the additional color variants.

That doesn’t make sense though. She is talking about using recycled black vinyl for her albums. Content isn’t the issues… well, not as much as variants in general. I would say it’s safe to assume that many of the people are buying additional vinyl for extra tracks are likely buying the additional color variants.
The recent one I got of hers uses recycled blue vinyl. It looks and sounds great, so I've no complaints about using more recycled vinyl. But that's clearly not a solution since it's can only ever be a fraction of vinyl produced. There are a couple more sustainable options that have come out in the last couple years, but the one I have sounds like crap. Solving that is something I think we as consumers should start pushing the industry on.

I got no horse in this race. Just trying to parse the hypocrisy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The recent one I got of hers uses recycled blue vinyl. It looks and sounds great, so I've no complaints about using more recycled vinyl. But that's clearly not a solution since it's can only ever be a fraction of vinyl produced. There are a couple more sustainable options that have come out in the last couple years, but the one I have sounds like crap. Solving that is something I think we as consumers should start pushing the industry on.
The eco mix of the last Big Thief record and the new solo Adrianne Lenker album both sound pretty great to me.

Back