Pre-Order Thread

@Crabbers and whoever else might be interested…does seem like experience vinyl has a true exclusive on the 30th anniversary of Four. Haven’t seen it pop up anywhere else and Blues Traveller keeps mentioning it on socials as only at experience vinyl

I have this version :

But tempted to buy this and compare though

One thing I have noticed so far this year is the likes of BrooklynVegan, Zia, Newbury and others are doing less exclusives. Maybe they are tired of burning money from things not selling.
It feels like such a gamble. Plus when everyone is doing their own exclusive it ends up that it doesn’t really matter from a collectability standpoint why pay $5 extra for a red vinyl than a blue vinyl. Moving 200-500 of a record is tough regardless and I bet the margins aren’t spectacular to begin with.

well, most ( if not all) of the brooklynvegan releases are purely curated to the staff’s tastes since that website covers mostly emo/punk/hardcore music.

but all the other ones, yea i agree.. who could have guessed that a sixth newbury variant press of freddie gibbs’s piñata would have not sold out at all!!

It feels like such a gamble. Plus when everyone is doing their own exclusive it ends up that it doesn’t really matter from a collectability standpoint why pay $5 extra for a red vinyl than a blue vinyl. Moving 200-500 of a record is tough regardless and I bet the margins aren’t spectacular to begin with.

The rising prices can not be helping moving records these days, I realize everyone wants to get theirs but when you see major label new releases priced at $50 and above for 2XLP's you start to get tired of the game. I also see a lot of smaller artists who will press 1LP releases that are signed for $50 plus shipping, it is nuts. I mean I get it, my mortgage has went up $200 in a couple years from insurance and property taxes but vinyl will eventually become a luxury if it isn't already if they don't start prices things more fair. I have bought a lot less this year so far because I am realizing I don't need to own everything on vinyl.

Last edited:
well, most ( if not all) of the brooklynvegan releases are purely curated to the staff’s tastes since that website covers mostly emo/punk/hardcore music.

but all the other ones, yea i agree.. who could have guessed that a sixth newbury variant press of freddie gibbs’s piñata would have not sold out at all!!

I've heard so many stories about Newbury making bad financial moves over the years.

At least moving several stores into malls with no traffic wasn't shortsighted. They're just playing the long game.

Doesn’t help when Newbury flips their own product in their stores. Mine had their exclusive of piñata for $85

The rising prices can not be helping moving records these days, I realize everyone wants to get theirs but when you see major label new releases priced at $50 and above for 2XLP's you start to get tired of the game. I also see a lot of smaller artists who will press 1LP releases that are signed for $50 plus shipping, it is nuts. I mean I get it, my mortgage has went up $200 in a couple years from insurance and property taxes but vinyl will eventually become a luxury if it isn't already if they don't start prices things more fair. I have bought a lot less this year so far because I am realizing I don't need to own everything on vinyl.
I love signed jackets but when a album is $25 or $30 unsigned but $45 + signed I'll just buy the unsigned one as I'm not paying double the price of the just because it's signed.

$85 for 5 singles in a box.
I won a copy during this year’s PIFs-giving thanks to @Ethos99 generosity it’s a nice set but I would not have purchased it for retail.

Brooklyn Vegan has delays longer than Bandbox and worse communication. I'll never order from them again and still can't get what I have ordered from them.

I’m pretty sure the same company that owns Brooklyn Vegan also owns Revolver and Hard Times. Probably others. I had a bad experience with Revolver so I’ve passed on exclusives from Brooklyn Vegan.

Back