Pre-Order Thread

withflag2_720x@2x.png

BOXSET_QUILTED_TRANSPARENT_720x@2x.png

There are plenty of artists who release a lot of variants bur you hear people saying i have to collect all variants like they do with taylor swift. People just variant collect because it's taylor. When other artists like black pumas, rhcp, the barbie soundtrack and green day release a lot of variants they say that it's way too many variant it needs to stop. Most artists don't release a bonus track on every variant except for maybe a target exclusive track. It works because she knows that her fans will go broke trying to buy every variant she releases.
See I’ve tried to keep Pumas out of this for various reasons. But since you brought it up. Pumas got a lot of shit for releasing a zillion variants of their first album, after the initial burst of three or four leading up to the release, most were done as variants sold out from ATO. This is a completely different thing.

Again, with other artists, it is a straw man argument. They release a variant on their site, the label has a variant, then various vendors release variants leading up to the release. Maybe a few stragglers when the dust settles afterwards.

I can’t think of one other artist that has done a release a week and in a very predatory way adds another incentive to the fans to buy this new one.

See I’ve tried to keep Pumas out of this for various reasons. But since you brought it up. Pumas got a lot of shit for releasing a zillion variants of their first album, after the initial burst of three or four leading up to the release, most were done as variants sold out from ATO. This is a completely different thing.

Again, with other artists, it is a straw man argument. They release a variant on their site, the label has a variant, then various vendors release variants leading up to the release. Maybe a few stragglers when the dust settles afterwards.

I can’t think of one other artist that has done a release a week and in a very predatory way adds another incentive to the fans to buy this new one.
Agreed. My wife is a swiftie and says this is the only thing she dislikes about her current approach. If she would just drop all these at once I don't think anyone would mind tbh. Transparency is all we ask for, though one has to think it's pretty transparent what she's gonna do at this point.

Agreed. My wife is a swiftie and says this is the only thing she dislikes about her current approach. If she would just drop all these at once I don't think anyone would mind tbh. Transparency is all we ask for, though one has to think it's pretty transparent what she's gonna do at this point.
Even if she did drop them all at once, I have a strong dislike of doing a different bonus track on each one. That to me is the biggest fuck you to fans.

Even if she did drop them all at once, I have a strong dislike of doing a different bonus track on each one. That to me is the biggest fuck you to fans.
Meh… I mean I don’t have a problem with someone releasing a seven with their album and think it is cool when there are different ones from different vendors. It’s like an Easter egg for collectors. Not dissimilar to like Elijah Craig Private Stash where it is formulated for a specific vendor.

It would be much more palatable all at once or through various vendors.

Probably my favorite record of last year.

1708700183609.png

Last edited:
OLD-gelb_mockup_300x300.jpg

OLD-weiss_mockup_300x300.jpg

1708701694292.png

withflag2_720x@2x.png

Finally a place to store my candles!!!

Back