Pre-Order Thread

For the 7-inch crowd: covers of a few Numero classics by the likes of Leon Bridges, Say She She and Another Taste.

Eh, most of us are well aware of the whys and hows and wherefores of why sex is used to sell shit -- there's a marked difference between say, Shakira, who I am very sure would be offended as fuck if you didn't notice she was being 110% sexy at all times -- and relative unknowns who are not necessarily known for their use of sexuality to sell their art or call attention to their art. I don't think it's virtue signalling to notice this. Is it 'vice signalling' to have a snarky dismissal of these concerns as if they weren't valid or real?

I mean....lee's not joking, it's a welcoming place....mostly.
Forget it, Jake…it’s Isengard.

the standards were lower. Look at HP Lovecraft (not too closely, not too long, definitely don't ask him his cat's name, jesus fucking christ, do not ask him what his fucking cat's name is,) -- "master of horror" and all his stories are basically "strangers are scary! so scary they drive you crazy!". Fucking Edgar Allan Poe is 'the father of the detective novel' and it's all fucking dreck from nose to tail. Dickens tells a good story but you're like OMG why is this so long and then you find out he was getting paid by tthe word and you're like well of course.

You say we're welcoming and then toss this opinion out into the world?! I'm with you on Lovecraft as he was a genuinely awful human being, but WTF is your problem w/ Poe? I have not read everything he ever wrote, but at least the classics? Dreck it is not.

bart-simpson-the-raven.jpg

You say we're welcoming and then toss this opinion out into the world?! I'm with you on Lovecraft as he was a genuinely awful human being, but WTF is your problem w/ Poe? I have not read everything he ever wrote, but at least the classics? Dreck it is not.

the narrative of arthur gordon pym is the shit

New St vincent album getting announced sometime within the next few weeks. Hopefully it's better than daddy's home which I think it will be since I heard that cate le bon helped produce it and she's one of my favorite artists.
View attachment 196180
All I can think about after seeing this is that 25 year old kid that self-immolated himself in front of the Israel embassy today.

The Raven is a terrible poem. That "first detective story" thing sucks.

dUzura6.jpeg

1709044340710.png

1709044375032.png

1709044396971.png

1709044416883.png

1709046239338.png

Back