Pre-Order Thread

Sorry - the new Men.
I’m going to listen to this Dommengang now though.
Oh yeah I think you would love the new Men album. It’s polished when compared to their earlier work but it was still recorded live on 2” tape and sounds a lot more raw than their last couple records. Their earliest stuff is post-hardcore No Wave Sonic Youth style Art Rock but then over the next few albums they started taking on a more bar band classic rock vibe. This latest one is noisier than their last few but it’s more inspired by Stooges proto-punk and garage rock than those earlier records.

Oh yeah I think you would love the new Men album. It’s polished when compared to their earlier work but it was still recorded live on 2” tape and sounds a lot more raw than their last couple records. Their earliest stuff is post-hardcore No Wave Sonic Youth style Art Rock but then over the next few albums they started taking on a more bar band classic rock vibe. This latest one is noisier than their last few but it’s more inspired by Stooges proto-punk and garage rock than those earlier records.
This is an apt description and it’s really good.
I was surprised how much I kept coming back to it and now it’s on the short list for my personal favorites of 2023.

Yeah, this and Yo La Tengo are the only album of the year contenders for me at this early point of the year.
I, of course, also have Heavy Blanket Moon Is on mine.
I expect it will get pushed down the rankings as the year progresses - but 1.5 months in its in heavy rotation.

Edit: I will say Bass Drum of Death Say I Won’t has been growing on me too.

Current-Joys-Live-at-Kilbey-Court-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2578690_1024x1024.jpg

Current-Joys-A-Different-Age-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2578689_1024x1024.jpg

Back