Pre-Order Thread

this doesn't feel like something that will sell out fast, or be limited, so I'm going to sit on it if I don't see anything else. Give the album a listen when it's out and maybe pick it up if I like it.

Not sure. There last 2 albums have been harder to get but they've grown in popularity big time. Also if you need a pre-sale for their US tour there's that bonus. The venue by me they're playing is general admission so no rush on that front.

This one got a bit of love on the Bandcamp Friday thread, but don't think it ever got posted here.

Margo Cilker - Pohorylle

Debut LP from Margo Cilker of Enterprise, Oregon - a small town tucked in between the Wallowa Mountains and Hells Canyon. Vintage Americana, I've had it on repeat since discovering it last week (h/t @Twentytwo). This will be in the AOTY conversation for me, no doubt. Excited to see her play in Portland on Sunday.

This first run of LPs feature a tip-on jacket, and selling fast by all accounts.

Didn't Phoebe Bridgers already do this cover on Copycat Killer?

Anybody think we'll get some other variants of the new Beach House? Surprised there only seems to be the fancy box and standard black editions thus far...

Beach House hasn't historically come out of the gates with many variants. With Subpop it's been a loser edition color vinyl and then standard black. The variants of their other albums have mainly been with repressings years later, so if this trend sticks, then these two might be it for a few years.

That all said, their previous albums were released prior to the current insane multiple variant trend.

Came to repost as I imagine someone will be sad to miss this

Yoink!

Beach House hasn't historically come out of the gates with many variants. With Subpop it's been a loser edition color vinyl and then standard black.
To be fair, for Bloom, Depression Cherry, and Thank Your Lucky Stars they also had the promo only / "available at the merch stand in limited quantities each night" variants. Granted, two out of three of them were pressed with terrible gimmicks, but still...

To be fair, for Bloom, Depression Cherry, and Thank Your Lucky Stars they also had the promo only / "available at the merch stand in limited quantities each night" variants. Granted, two out of three of them were pressed with terrible gimmicks, but still...
Oh no way, I didn't know about this. Were they actually different colored vinyl, or the same vinyl (loser edition or black) with some extras goodies included related to tour?

I have the VMP version of 7, so kind of expected the new one to be in their store drop this week. Seeing that no others have been announced, though, maybe they aren't playing the variant game whatsoever this time 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Manchester Orchestra has done a proper Christmas album.

Christmas Songs Vol. 1 LP (Blue Vinyl from the Band’s web-store)

Oh no way, I didn't know about this. Were they actually different colored vinyl, or the same vinyl (loser edition or black) with some extras goodies included related to tour?

Bloom's limited promo/tour pressing was on glow-in-the-dark vinyl.

Depression Cherry's promo/tour edition was on white vinyl.

Thank Your Lucky Stars had its promo/tour edition pressed on glitter vinyl.

vinceguaraldi-aboynamed-ttl-1_1000x1000.jpg

They also have a whole Peanuts collections of slipmats and tote bags.

I don't need the shirt, but I want the shirt. Records do make me happy.

I don't need the shirt, but I want the shirt. Records do make me happy.
So I doubt it’s officially licensed like the $30 TTL shirt is (though I am sure whatever company that owns the rights to Peanuts is doing alright regardless) I too liked the image and googled it, on of the first results was for basically the same shirt but with more colors and much bigger graphic for around $18 (depending on options).

I think I prefer the cheaper unlicensed option TBH.

New Failure album. Multiple options including 50 bucks for signed. Prices are crazy but they haven’t let me down with quality of music or pressing yet.

Failure | Official Merch Store | Hello Merch

$50 unsigned for single color vinyl and $100 signed. Basic black for a $35 plus shipping. This should be really good but that is asking a lot. Music fans are so abused these days. :-(

And they want 100% zero responsibility...." Vinyl records and posters are pristine when packed. Please be aware we DO NOT issue refunds or replacements for minor cosmetic damage, such as corner dings, bends, split inserts, and so on. We pack our vinyl and posters securely and carefully in custom crafted boxes and tubes, but in some cases this type of wear is simply unavoidable during transit."

Back