• Girl Can Tell
  • Gimme Fiction
  • Soft Effects EP
  • Transference
  • Series Of Sneaks
  • They Want My Soul
  • Telephono
  • Hot Thoughts
TBH, There is no wrong way to rank Spoon's discography. They don't make bad records. Regardless, this is my list.

I love a good Spoon discussion!

Ga Ga is my #1 and Gimmie Fiction is right behind is at #2. After that, its They want my soul at #3 and Hot Thoughts at #4 with Girls Can Tell rounding out the top 5.

Transference is my least favorite, but its not a bad album,. I think I was just disappointed with it after Ga Ga.

I wouldn’t be mad at any answer to what Spoon’s best album is unless they said Telefono. All of their albums are good to great. Most days, Ga Ga is my favorite but Girls Can Tell and KTM are very very close seconds. For proper studio albums, it’s:
Ga Ga
KTM
Girls Can Tell
They Want My Soul
Series of Sneaks
Transference
Hot Thoughts
Gimme Fiction
Telefono

Yeah, we certainly do, Most of those bands you you’ve noted are pre 2010 (if not pre 2000) I am talking about current/popular indie music like of the past 5 years. A lot of indie music today flirts with (if not openly embraces) pop music and lots of synth and while, no Hot Thoughts is not a Disco or Pop album per se it’s Spoons version of what that would be. It’s also not a bad record by any stretch and I applaud their willingness to stretch their legs a bit, still when I reach for a Spoon record I prefer to hear a guitar ripping through the mix.
I’m so bewildered by your take on this - it’s like we’re listening to two different albums, haha. I think of Hot Thoughts as having plenty of badass guitar, but you seem to be hearing something closer to Still Woozy or Clairo, haha.

Transference has some of my favorite Spoon songs (Mystery Zone, Who Makes Your Money, Out Go The Lights), but doesn't quite hang together as an album the way other Spoon albums do for me. I've only given Hot Thoughts a couple listens; it just feels like a big nothing to me, but I'll own that I haven't given it its full due.

I'm with @TenderLovingKiller® though; you could tell me any album of theirs is their best and I'd say you were right.

Transference has some of my favorite Spoon songs (Mystery Zone, Who Makes Your Money, Out Go The Lights), but doesn't quite hang together as an album the way other Spoon albums do for me. I've only given Hot Thoughts a couple listens; it just feels like a big nothing to me, but I'll own that I haven't given it its full due.

I'm with @TenderLovingKiller® though; you could tell me any album of theirs is their best and I'd say you were right.

Did you know that the vinyl version of "Mystery Zone" doesn't cut off the ending of the song like it does everywhere else

Thank you so much! Now if anyone can help me grab one, it would be greatly appreciated 🙏
I could help if no one else volunteers in the next day or two, but I have never shipped a record in the mail and have never shipped anything internationally, so I'm a little intimidated to try to do this unless you could walk me through how it would work.

I could help if no one else volunteers in the next day or two, but I have never shipped a record in the mail and have never shipped anything internationally, so I'm a little intimidated to try to do this unless you could walk me through how it would work.

There would be no international shipping necessary. I've got an address in CA. If you could just get it sent to me directly, that would be great 🤘

Let me know if you are up for it and I'll send you a DM.

Nobody asked for my hot take, but here it is:

I don’t like anything by Spoon. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I can't stand You Got Yr Cherry Bomb and The Underdog due to overplay in commercials and just a general doo-wop Billy Joel Elvis Costello kinda sound that I'm not a fan of. They've got some good tracks though and Britt Daniel has solid "indie rock" range as a vocalist, where you could play 2 Spoon songs back to back and they'd sound like 2 completely different bands.

I can't stand You Got Yr Cherry Bomb and The Underdog due to overplay in commercials and just a general doo-wop Billy Joel Elvis Costello kinda sound that I'm not a fan of. They've got some good tracks though and Britt Daniel has solid "indie rock" range as a vocalist, where you could play 2 Spoon songs back to back and they'd sound like 2 completely different bands.
Billy Joel??

Back