Pre-Order Thread

87779-1_BadSuns_LP_Standard_Translucent_Green_2048x2048.jpg

Of-Montreal-Lousy-with-Sylvianbriar-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2518006_1024x1024.jpg

Odd choice. The original was already on pink vinyl and can be found dirt cheap on Discogs. Is this an Of Montreal album people are even screaming for a re press of?

Odd choice. The original was already on pink vinyl and can be found dirt cheap on Discogs. Is this an Of Montreal album people are even screaming for a re press of?
No it isn't.
As opposed to that Arushi Jian.....or that Ladyhawke that was delayed indefinitely...

I'm salty today, y'all.

I'm sure someone else has already commented on the possibility, but I wonder if the absolutely ridiculous back-up isn't just PVC shortage, but also groups trying to find other ways to make money since touring's hard right now.

Artists releasing a minimum of 78 color variants surely isn’t helping either.
I think I actually read that the color variants, in itself, isn't that huge an issue because the plating is the same. They just toss different color vinyl pucks on and it's done. So it doesn't matter a ton if they do 10,000 copies on black or 10, 1,000 color variants. It seems like overall numbers are up for a lot of artists for pressing amount, but they are splitting it between different colors. The bigger issue is that the mainstream artists are essentially hogging the presses by pressing in such huge numbers that it makes it harder for the littler guys to get their smaller presses done. The sheer amount of records being pressed is bigger and with COVID, the lacquer factory fire and other factors, everything is so behind schedule and keeps getting worse.

I think I actually read that the color variants, in itself, isn't that huge an issue because the plating is the same. They just toss different color vinyl pucks on and it's done. So it doesn't matter a ton if they do 10,000 copies on black or 10, 1,000 color variants. It seems like overall numbers are up for a lot of artists for pressing amount, but they are splitting it between different colors. The bigger issue is that the mainstream artists are essentially hogging the presses by pressing in such huge numbers that it makes it harder for the littler guys to get their smaller presses done. The sheer amount of records being pressed is bigger and with COVID, the lacquer factory fire and other factors, everything is so behind schedule and keeps getting worse.
And there can’t be that many investors wanting to fill that role by opening up a new major plant. Only for the super niche industry to crash. Way too risky. We’re stuck here.

Last edited:
BSM305VGREENMOCK-UP_300x300.jpg

BSM305VSPINNERMOCK-UP_300x300.jpg

There is also a peach swirl variant. I like this one the best so I snagged it.

Interesting insight - definitely didn't think of it that way...

This is a super cool project where artists incorporate bird songs into their music. I have the first two, and this is for the third version featuring artists and birds from Western Africa. As of now, there are about 8 or 9 early birds for this version (15 total offered). (early birds sold out, but the regular birds are just 2£ more than early bird. If you want the other two, there's a pledge level with about left 25.

I will also recommend this project! I have the two first vinyl pressings of this and an art print that I grabbed with number II. Excited to see what they are bringing this time around and if they'll get African artists for this, since the last one was based in Latin America it had artists like El Búho, Chancha Vía Circuito, Dengue Dengue Dengue, Barrio Lindo, etc.

Also I was glad to receive an email a few weeks back where they presented all the NGO's they donated to plus the amount donated.

Springtime—Gareth Liddiard (The Drones, Tropical Fuck Storm), Jim White (Xylouris White, Dirty Three) & Chris Abrahams (The Necks)—Announce Debut Self-titled LP!

Well that certainly looks/sounds very interesting! Just wish I could figure out how to extrapolate from that one cut to what the album might be like overall.

Back