Pre-Order Thread

Tempted to PO this, sounds like an interesting collaboration:

A new album of collaborations recorded in lockdown from Elton John.

Including: Brandi Carlile, Charlie Puth, Dua Lipa, Eddie Vedder, Gorillaz, Lil Nas X, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Rina Sawayama, SG Lewis, Stevie Nicks, Stevie Wonder, Surfaces, Years & Years, Young Thug, and more.

In March 2020 Elton was forced to pause his record breaking Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour due to the unfolding COVID pandemic. As the world began to shut down, different projects presented themselves with artists Elton had enjoyed getting to know through his Apple Music show Rocket Hour. This was the beginning of one of Elton's boldest and most interesting records to date that he has billed ‘The Lockdown Sessions’. This album saw Elton coming full circle and returning to his roots as a session musician. While it was no easy feat recording during a pandemic, a completely new way of working for Elton, he leaned into the challenge with some magnificent results.

In Elton’s words: “The last thing I expected to do during lockdown was make an album. But, as the pandemic went on, one‐off projects kept cropping up. Some of the recording sessions had to be done remotely, via Zoom, which I’d obviously never done before. Some of the sessions were recorded under very stringent safety regulations: working with another artist, but separated by glass screens. But all the tracks I worked on were really interesting and diverse, stuff that was completely different to anything I’m known for, stuff that took me out of my comfort zone into completely new territory. And I realised there was something weirdly familiar about working like this. At the start of my career, in the late 60s, I worked as a session musician. Working with different artists during lockdown reminded me of that. I’d come full circle: I was a session musician again. And it was still a blast.”

“New” Richard Edwards up at bandcamp

Well, that's...something. He was supposedly 1) only offering the blue vinyl if you bought the deluxe package (w/ hoodie and art print), and 2) waiting until noon eastern to list the variants on bandcamp so that patreon subscribers had a window to complete their purchases before it went public.

Tempted to PO this, sounds like an interesting collaboration:

A new album of collaborations recorded in lockdown from Elton John.

Including: Brandi Carlile, Charlie Puth, Dua Lipa, Eddie Vedder, Gorillaz, Lil Nas X, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Rina Sawayama, SG Lewis, Stevie Nicks, Stevie Wonder, Surfaces, Years & Years, Young Thug, and more.

In March 2020 Elton was forced to pause his record breaking Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour due to the unfolding COVID pandemic. As the world began to shut down, different projects presented themselves with artists Elton had enjoyed getting to know through his Apple Music show Rocket Hour. This was the beginning of one of Elton's boldest and most interesting records to date that he has billed ‘The Lockdown Sessions’. This album saw Elton coming full circle and returning to his roots as a session musician. While it was no easy feat recording during a pandemic, a completely new way of working for Elton, he leaned into the challenge with some magnificent results.

In Elton’s words: “The last thing I expected to do during lockdown was make an album. But, as the pandemic went on, one‐off projects kept cropping up. Some of the recording sessions had to be done remotely, via Zoom, which I’d obviously never done before. Some of the sessions were recorded under very stringent safety regulations: working with another artist, but separated by glass screens. But all the tracks I worked on were really interesting and diverse, stuff that was completely different to anything I’m known for, stuff that took me out of my comfort zone into completely new territory. And I realised there was something weirdly familiar about working like this. At the start of my career, in the late 60s, I worked as a session musician. Working with different artists during lockdown reminded me of that. I’d come full circle: I was a session musician again. And it was still a blast.”

Keeping my eye out for a fun variant ... a lot of surprising collaborators here!

Sneaker Pimps added a limited clear edition of their upcoming album, estimated shipping October. (Limited to 250.)
Two tracks streaming already!

0025420442_10.jpg

Vinyl delayed to early 2022. T___T

View attachment 110848

After all the hype I almost missed it. Went live right after my 11:30 check. Email is spotty in gym. What u have to do to buy vinyl these days. Glad it stuck around for a few min.

Apologies if it’s been answered before, but are the new reissues of Garbage’s first two albums only available in Europe? Is a US release planned too or do I have to import them? I’ve checked a few of my go to US online shops but haven’t seen them listed.
Popmarket has the Imports listed but you might find better options

After all the hype I almost missed it. Went live right after my 11:30 check. Email is spotty in gym. What u have to do to buy vinyl these days. Glad it stuck around for a few min.

There is some stock now, I can add it to my cart.

Edit: I misread! Thought you lucked out.

Back