Pre-Order Thread

Co-sign.

This song was the lead single on the Soundtrack to my Study Abroad Year.

Other hits included: Three Lions - Baddel, Skinner & Lightning Seeds; Vindaloo - Fat Les; The Pete Tong/Paul Oakenfold Summer 1998 Mix; Mel B and Missy E - I Want You Back; Cornershop - Brimfull of Asha; The Coors - Dreams; Verve - Bittersweet Symphony; Hello Nasty [the entire album]; and of course Mr. Willam's other fucking amazing hits: Let me Entertain You and Millennium

Where's the US link?

I remember when Robbie was huge in the US in the late 90s and his songs were on every Totally Hits and NOW CD and then he seemingly was gone over night, ironically once the millennium hit. He was super young at that time (early to mid 20s) and was never able to capitalize on that same popularity after that in the US I feel.

Angels and Millennium are absolute bangers tho

I remember when Robbie was huge in the US in the late 90s and his songs were on every Totally Hits and NOW CD and then he seemingly was gone over night, ironically once the millennium hit. He was super young at that time (early to mid 20s) and was never able to capitalize on that same popularity after that in the US I feel.

Angels and Millennium are absolute bangers tho

DOES AN AAAAAANGEL CONTEMPLATE MY FAAAATE....
anddotheyknow
The places we go when we're grey and Oooooooooooooooold

AND THROUGH IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......

View attachment 110120

1630088522043.png

View attachment 110119

I was actually about to put the pre order here. The cover of Cinnamon Girl is fine but pretty much anything on that album eclipses that song. Peter Steele was a force. The first two albums - Slow, Deep, and Hard and Origin of the Feces - were okay. But if that was all they ever put out I don't know how much I'd care about them today.

But Bloody Kisses really put down their thesis as a band. It is a singular piece of work within metal IMO. In fact, I'd say as a band that would describe them. No other band sounds like them.

October Rust, though, IMO, is the most representative album of TON. If you just wanted to know what they are in one album. It's that album. If you wanted to hear what they are in one song - there are a handful that could do that on October Rust.

And every album after that was great too. I got to see them when I was 15 at a small club on the tour for the follow up album World Coming Down (such a good album too). It was their Halloween show. The covers that they played let you know that - musically and as far as influences - The Drab Four were not standing around holding their dicks (I mean unless you check out Pete's Playgirl but still...)

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is your even thinking about this album then just get it.

I'm a little bummed I missed out on this. It's probably for the best (I waaaaaay overspent on vinyl this month), but if anyone happened to grab an extra copy, please let me know.

I'm a little bummed I missed out on this. It's probably for the best (I waaaaaay overspent on vinyl this month), but if anyone happened to grab an extra copy, please let me know.
You can get it from Run Out Groove

https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/october-rust-25th-anniversary-edition-d2c-voodoo-edition.html

They have that voodoo edition and the standard green. I have the Type O boxset they did the other year and all the vinyl in that were the same green color. So assuming it's the same pressing really of OR then I can at least vouch for the green being well done.

You can also order both versions from the band store.

They're also doing 10% off if you do two or more OR items (they have other merch). But RoG had free shipping and Type O store was like $7.50

Unless you really did spend too much money in which case, yes, it's sold out everywhere.

So you admit it's an exclusive? You've come a long way in 24 hours. 😉
giphy.gif

You can get it from Run Out Groove

https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/october-rust-25th-anniversary-edition-d2c-voodoo-edition.html

They have that voodoo edition and the standard green. I have the Type O boxset they did the other year and all the vinyl in that were the same green color. So assuming it's the same pressing really of OR then I can at least vouch for the green being well done.

You can also order both versions from the band store.

They're also doing 10% off if you do two or more OR items (they have other merch). But RoG had free shipping and Type O store was like $7.50

Unless you really did spend too much money in which case, yes, it's sold out everywhere.
I thank you, but my wife hates you.

In the Red Records today released a limited number of previous RSD-only releases that they did in partnership with Henry Rollins' 2.13.61 imprint. Even if you already have some of these, take note, these are new pressings and colors. Artists include the RUTS DC, Gun Club, Four Plugs, Alan Vega, and Pure Hell. Small runs, great music!
Www.intheredrecords.com

Back