Pre-Order Thread

1629738034552.png

UK Store.

vaultwith aside, this is written so strangely.

Collect all four discs: doesn't the thing come with all four discs or do I need to buy it 4 times?
And lyrics handwritten by whom?

You all are asking the same questions I, a copywriter, had when I saw that this morning. The collect line especially!

Snoh Aalegra's Temporary Highs In The Violet Skies is back in store again!

We had originally ordered it on the first pre-order and I know it got delayed due to pressing issues, so I'm guessing they either had cancellations or ordered more on the re-press and opened it back up. But we're still waiting on our record.

We had originally ordered it on the first pre-order and I know it got delayed due to pressing issues, so I'm guessing they either had cancellations or ordered more on the re-press and opened it back up. But we're still waiting on our record.
Same. Still waiting on this from when I ordered it the first time around.

the-upsetters-with-lee-perry-friends-build-the-ark-orange-vinyl-3-lp-180g

The Upsetters (with Lee Perry & Friends)

Build The Ark (Orange Vinyl)​

Not that I'd want to buy from Bullmoose anyways, but seriously over $40? Starting to think with this and the $60 TISM record the other day, I'm just being priced out on vinyl. I can't justify paying these amounts anymore.

Not that I'd want to buy from Bullmoose anyways, but seriously over $40? Starting to think with this and the $60 TISM record the other day, I'm just being priced out on vinyl. I can't justify paying these amounts anymore.
I'm starting to limit purchases too. It's just hard to justify when I have so many other priorities.

It is a 3xLP Release and a music on vinyl release which are usually imported but I totally get what you are saying.

This is probably the wrong thread but I've been wanting to get more classic reggae in my collection and never know where to start. Any recommendations of classic albums with good pressings I should own? All the reggae I own I got from VMP (Desmond Dekker x 2, Toots Sweet and Dandy, Upsetters Eastwood, the new Wailing Wailers, and whatever that Essentials pick was a few years back...I pretty much love all of these).

I didn't see it was a 3×LP, admittedly that makes it not as egregious but still a bit pricey in my opinion. I think it's less the specific record and more just me coming to terms with the fact that recently everytime I click a link to a record in here I might be interested in, it feels ridiculously overpriced. It's killing any enthusiasm I have for the medium, and that on top of everything being limited edition and current pre-order windows being massive (which I understand the reasons for, but is no less annoying) has sort of soured me on trying to collect.

I honestly have started to wonder if I wouldn't be better off investing in CDs as far as a physical media collection goes from here. If nothing else, it is certainly a less expensive hobby to maintain.

This is probably the wrong thread but I've been wanting to get more classic reggae in my collection and never know where to start. Any recommendations of classic albums with good pressings I should own? All the reggae I own I got from VMP (Desmond Dekker x 2, Toots Sweet and Dandy, Upsetters Eastwood, the new Wailing Wailers, and whatever that Essentials pick was a few years back...I pretty much love all of these).

here are a few I enjoy…

here are a few I enjoy…

Bookmarked!

Are they trying to get me to buy all 3?

I didn't see it was a 3×LP, admittedly that makes it not as egregious but still a bit pricey in my opinion. I think it's less the specific record and more just me coming to terms with the fact that recently everytime I click a link to a record in here I might be interested in, it feels ridiculously overpriced. It's killing any enthusiasm I have for the medium, and that on top of everything being limited edition and current pre-order windows being massive (which I understand the reasons for, but is no less annoying) has sort of soured me on trying to collect.

I honestly have started to wonder if I wouldn't be better off investing in CDs as far as a physical media collection goes from here. If nothing else, it is certainly a less expensive hobby to maintain.

In terms of older albums investing in second hand has totally reignited my enjoyment of the hobby because I was getting burnt out by a mix of price and over hype. Also if you get the right one it nearly always sounds better than new.

Back