Pre-Order Thread

This dude just consistently puts out great records.

Has anyone ever seen Joshua Ray Walker and Storf in the same room together?

This is cool but I don't like how they changed the cover lol.
2011 repress on red is available now.

I spun mine today!

been waiting for this. there's five tracks available, give 'em a listen.

The highly-anticipated and debut album from Lady Blackbird, Black Acid Soul, due for its long awaited release on September 3rd via Foundation Music/BMG.

With a voice that has stopped critics in their tracks, Lady Blackbird is a revelatory new talent with music that transcends the jazz scene through which the LA-based artist is rooted. Reflecting influences as varied as Billie Holiday, Gladys Knight, Tina Turner and Chaka Khan, with critics drawing comparisons to Adele, Amy and Celeste, Lady Blackbird’s distinct and beguiling talent is not one to be missed.

Honouring the great's has come as a musical process to Lady Blackbird, having recorded her highly anticipated debut album Black Acid Soul in legendary Studio B (Prince’s room) in Sunset Sound, produced by Grammy-nominated Chris Seefried.

Minimal yet rich, classic yet timely, the album connects backwards to Miles Davis (his pianist, Deron Johnson, plays Steinway Baby Grand, Mellotron and Casio Synth throughout) and forwards to Pete Tong (he made the Bruise mix of ‘Collage’ his Number Two Essential Selection tune of 2020) and, yes, Victoria Beckham – Matthew Herbert’s remix of second single ‘Beware The Stranger’ soundtracked the designer’s Spring/Summer 2020 Fashion show.

Its 11 tracks have a sound, feeling and attitude that speak of Lady Blackbird's deep experiences in music.
credits
releases September 3, 2021

Produced by Chris Seefried
A&R by Ross Allen

Deron Johnson playing Steinway Baby Grand, Mellotron, Casio Synth
Jon Flaugher playing Double Bass
Jimmy Paxson playing Drums, Percussion
Chris Seefried playing Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar
Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews playing Trumpet

Recorded and Mixed By Seth Atkins Horan
Mastered By Bernie Grundman, At Bernie Grundman Mastering LA CA
Recorded at Sunset Sound LA CA
Mixing at Gnu Gnome LA CA

been waiting for this. there's five tracks available, give 'em a listen.

The highly-anticipated and debut album from Lady Blackbird, Black Acid Soul, due for its long awaited release on September 3rd via Foundation Music/BMG.

This is fantastic stuff. Unfortunately, total cost is $54-60 shipped to the US, despite their claim on Bandcamp they're absorbing some of the shipping costs. They quote $20 to ship from UK, which doesn't seem subsidized based on many previous shipments I've received from the UK.

I grabbed this about a week or two ago for the same price and what was really strange is that when you google the barcode the only release that shows up is the Turntable Lab blue & red exclusive. On Discogs that release has a different barcode then all the other RTJ 2 releases so it's def. worth the gamble. Target's listed barcodes are usually always correct but something has to be off here.

Juana Molina's Segundo, long out of print and pricey on discogs, is getting a 2xLP repress. Up for pre-order on Bullmoose (and elsewhere):
I’m supposed to be getting mine today - got it off discogs, and I’m assuming they got it from Europe, as it’s not supposed to be out here until late this month. I couldn’t risk not getting one, and only paid a few dollars more.

Anybody want Mick Jenkins - The Waters in a standard black?

Not sure who wanted the hmv Bona Drag but Mozza has some to order bundles now

link 404's now -- either it's dead or typo'd.

Back