Pre-Order Thread

I think the last bit is true.

My Gorillaz recycled variant sounded just fine. So I wouldn't worry. Also this is perhaps a more sustainable way of proceeding going forward.
People were nervous about the recycled vinyl but that was because of the classic oil crisis vinyl where they just no care threw in with the label so paper got in the vinyl and it was much noisier for it

Yikes! Keep us posted haha! It feels like a pretty unique situation where the LP box is only being sold on Joni's site, so I can't get away with my usual reason for procrastinating of waiting to see if it shows up somewhere else for less :( That's a lot of coin.

Yes. I’m standing firm. I’ll cave at 1000.

What’s the deal with the Lorde album? It’s sold out on her store and everywhere else I look. There’s really no listings in the US either. Do we just have to wait until listings start to pop up in the US or something? I do want a copy but missed out in her store so was hoping to get an indie or just the standard black.

Ace Hashimoto - Play.Make.Believe preorder at fat beats

What’s the deal with the Lorde album? It’s sold out on her store and everywhere else I look. There’s really no listings in the US either. Do we just have to wait until listings start to pop up in the US or something? I do want a copy but missed out in her store so was hoping to get an indie or just the standard black.

Unless you enjoy randomly checking the official store in case there are any restocks, your best bet would be just keeping an eye out for your preferred indie store to list it at this point.

Not US but:

It is, and I can't seen an accideal happening here...so I'll need to decide kind of soon. I sent the link to my wife who is also a huge Joni fan and instead of "oooh, we need this!" it was "that's pretty expensive."
I just found the first Archives CD box on PopMarket for $35. As much as I’d love to have Vol 2 on wax (and it’s a gorgeous set), spending $250 for a set I won’t spin much doesn’t make a whole lot of sense when I could potentially get the same set of music later on CD for under $40.

I just found the first Archives CD box on PopMarket for $35. As much as I’d love to have Vol 2 on wax (and it’s a gorgeous set), spending $250 for a set I won’t spin much doesn’t make a whole lot of sense when I could potentially get the same set of music later on CD for under $40.

That is the problem. Super nice to have. A look at a seminal artist in one of her creative peaks. Replay value is questionable. I will generally play one her favorite lps when I am in the mood for Joni. Then maybe a live concert. The outtakes/extras will have to be pretty good if they r going to get spun much. At least that is what I keep trying to tell myself.

Edit: that box sure looks nice though. :)

That is the problem. Super nice to have. A look at a seminal artist in one of her creative peaks. Replay value is questionable. I will generally play one her favorite lps when I am in the mood for Joni. Then maybe a live concert. The outtakes/extras will have to be pretty good if they r going to get spun much. At least that is what I keep trying to tell myself.

Edit: that box sure looks nice though. :)
Hahaha! Round and round and round we go.... I'm on the same trail!

Oof, the US indie version of Solar Power is brown. It's starting to get listed at places like Bullmoose and Rough Trade (for $47 lmao) so feel free to pre-order from wherever is most convenient/cheapest.

Her last album had a deluxe edition on dark blue colored wax and was available on Amazon for like 2 years after its release sometimes dipping down to around $20. Obviously that was about 5 years ago and things have changed over that time but my guess is after all the frenzy fever buying dies down they’re will be plenty of opportunity to on the LP at a reasonable rice.

Clear vinyl variant is available from jpc.de, shipped to the US for just over $36. (Price listed is higher than what it will be in your cart with a US address.)

Last edited:
Her last album had a deluxe edition on dark blue colored wax and was available on Amazon for like 2 years after its release sometimes dipping down to around $20. Obviously that was about 5 years ago and things have changed over that time but my guess is after all the frenzy fever buying dies down they’re will be plenty of opportunity to on the LP at a reasonable rice.
Yeah, but that last album didn't have that butt.

Bull Moose has the golden brown vinyl up today, so we are getting variants of some kind.

Especially since Bullmoose put that sticker on the cover and the title, I can't help but think of the Georges Bataille essay called The Solar Anus with the heavy, but kind of funny, creeper vibes of the last line:

"The solar annulus is the intact anus of her body at eighteen years to which nothing sufficiently blinding can be compared except the sun, even though the anus is night."

Apologies to Lorde, but the brown variant is a bit much.

Last edited:
Back