Pre-Order Thread

Angel Olsen 4xLP box set Song of the Lark and Other Far Memories dropping at 7 am EST tomorrow (password protected for now)

More info

So is it literally just both All Mirrors and Whole New Mess packaged together? Or are there unreleased tracks on here as well?

Now, with 'Songs of the Lark… And Other Far Memories,' these twin stars become a constellation with the full extent of the songs’ iterations: all the alternate takes, b-sides, remixes and reimaginings are here, together. Alongside, a 40-page book collection tells a similar story, not just through outtakes and unseen photos but through the smaller, evocative details: handwritten lyrics, a favorite necklace, a beaded chandelier. As if it could be more plainly stated (there’s nothing more), Angel adds one cover here: a loving, assertive rendition of Roxy Music’s “More Than This.”

Now, with 'Songs of the Lark… And Other Far Memories,' these twin stars become a constellation with the full extent of the songs’ iterations: all the alternate takes, b-sides, remixes and reimaginings are here, together. Alongside, a 40-page book collection tells a similar story, not just through outtakes and unseen photos but through the smaller, evocative details: handwritten lyrics, a favorite necklace, a beaded chandelier. As if it could be more plainly stated (there’s nothing more), Angel adds one cover here: a loving, assertive rendition of Roxy Music’s “More Than This.”
Yeah…I read that…but by “alternate takes, b-sides” etc, they are just referring to Whole New Mess I assume?

Angel Olsen 4xLP box set Song of the Lark and Other Far Memories dropping at 7 am EST tomorrow (password protected for now)

I do not own a single vinyl boxset because most artists I like never released one and while I really love Angel Olsen, I won't be buying this as I mostly listen to "My Woman" and "Burn Your Fire For No Witness".

From the image, it looks like it's All Mirrors 2xLP, Whole New Mess 1xLP and then another LP of b-sides?
Ok yes I got it now. Saw on her Instagram that was more specific. Maybe I kept misreading it? I don’t know.

anyway…I’m torn on buying this. I already have both. But I’m a huge fan. Is it worth the price for one extra LP and a book? I don’t know

View attachment 93594

Oh man. I think I need to get this as I love Nils' solo piano stuff way more than Spaces or All Melody. Is there an alternative source that isn't in Pounds to buy from?

EDIT: I can get it from Bandcamp. I didn't open that link first.
I do not own a single vinyl boxset because most artists I like never released one and while I really love Angel Olsen, I won't be buying this as I mostly listen to "My Woman" and "Burn Your Fire For No Witness".
same. Also I have both albums, don't need this box. I was a sucker and bought her 12" single last year with 3 new songs on it and I realized when it came in the mail I kinda didn't need it either.

Ok yes I got it now. Saw on her Instagram that was more specific. Maybe I kept misreading it? I don’t know.

anyway…I’m torn on buying this. I already have both. But I’m a huge fan. Is it worth the price for one extra LP and a book? I don’t know
How often do you listen to your other AO physical albums? Is it about ownership, support of the artist or getting use out of the product? It’s time to look within

Is it worth the price for one extra LP and a book?

How often do you listen to your other AO physical albums? Is it about ownership, support of the artist or getting use out of the product? It’s time to look within
☝️

I LOVE Angel but this seems unnecessary. Most super fans who would want to buy this already own both albums. If you have the cash, by all means buy it. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

☝️

I LOVE Angel but this seems unnecessary. Most super fans who would want to buy this already own both albums. If you have the cash, by all means buy it. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Yea--I'd say the price isn't that bad and if you wanted this, you could always sell your pre-existing copies and buy the box set. But likely not worth it!

☝️

Yeah it doesn’t feel like I’d feel super great about buying it considering what it is / that I already own most of it. It probably would be one of those things you think is nice for a bit but then completely ignore as it sits on your shelf, untouched

Back