Pre-Order Thread

Forgive me if I've missed the answer elsewhere in the thread, but does anyone know a good site for Rhino Rocktober 2020 titles presale? Some are apparently already out of stock even though they don't go on sale for another month...
It depends where you are getting them most local brick and mortar record will likely carry a few copies.

Forgive me if I've missed the answer elsewhere in the thread, but does anyone know a good site for Rhino Rocktober 2020 titles presale? Some are apparently already out of stock even though they don't go on sale for another month...

I pulled up one local shop that does online sales and found some up for pre-order.

I wonder if this is the same Remaster as 2014 just on silver vinyl or actually a new remaster.
The million dollar question. Would they really remaster it twice in 6 years? The only reason I can think of for doing that is because the 2014 one has gotten mixed reviews.
I was going to ask too, as people seem to have a lot of opinions on Oasis remasters.

I have the 2014 remaster and while it's a serviceable and clean pressing, the master just seems to have everything cranked up across the board and not really anything dynamic and worthy of vinyl.
I seem to remember a lot of people not caring for the 2014 remaster.
Definitely Maybe 25th was the same as the 20th last year so I doubt they’d have done anything different this time. Noel oversaw the 20th editions and i can’t see him being arsed enough to do more work only 5 years on.

Its oasis! Every mix and pressing on all formats in existence of their first 3 are brickwalled to fuck. It was how it was originally done. Noel likes it and I can’t see that ever changing.

It's definitely (not maybe) a remaster according to this IG post.

Screenshot_2020-09-03-22-21-44-540_com.instagram.android.jpg

It's definitely (not maybe) a remaster according to this IG post.

View attachment 64551
It can't be any worse than the existing masters. Am I about to buy yet another copy of this f*%^ng album? I have at least two copies I'm sitting on that I gave one spin and shelved. To be fair, I am not sure this is a recording that can be saved by a remaster. Someone needs to remix this POS, assuming the individual tracks aren't as fried as the sum total.

It can't be any worse than the existing masters. Am I about to buy yet another copy of this f*%^ng album? I have at least two copies I'm sitting on that I gave one spin and shelved. To be fair, I am not sure this is a recording that can be saved by a remaster. Someone needs to remix this POS, assuming the individual tracks aren't as fried as the sum total.
I've got the white one and will likely not be jumping on this unless I see it at my local shop (which it's likely to end up at). If the packaging was different then I'd consider, but a different + plus sketchy wording about a remaster isn't enough for me to drop near $50.

Back