Pre-Order Thread

About that. You have a recommendation for a cheap table for small children to use on beater records? Cause a Crosley suitcase was making a lot of sense recently.

My comment about the Crosley was a joke, I think it's great to have one if you've just started with the vinyl habit.
Tbh, I never even listened how a Crosley sounds. But in my country I've seen lots of generic made in China turntables that look like Crosley but they called Corley, if you know what I mean.

My comment about the Crosley was a joke, I think it's great to have one if you've just started with the vinyl habit.
Tbh, I never even listened how a Crosley sounds. But in my country I've seen lots of generic made in China turntables that look like Crosley but they called Corley, if you know what I mean.
Audio Technica is also `made in China` but 🤷

It's getting really old seeing this type of slur being used as if everything made there is complete garbage , and I will continue to stand up and say something when I see it. I find it very derogatory

Audio Technica is also `made in China` but 🤷

It's getting really old seeing this type of slur being used as if everything made there is complete garbage , and I will continue to stand up and say something when I see it. I find it very derogatory
Forgive me if im wrong, but I believe @Waitressboy is referring to the crosley copycats which seem to be flooding the market of late. Of all the ones I have seen they are mass-produced in China, presumably as cheap as possible. Not a slur against the county as they obviously produce a lot of high quality equipment as well, but they also are the first to spring to mind when considering mass produced items as they are able to produce it so so cheap.

Forgive me if im wrong, but I believe @Waitressboy is referring to the crosley copycats which seem to be flooding the market of late. Of all the ones I have seen they are mass-produced in China, presumably as cheap as possible. Not a slur against the county as they obviously produce a lot of high quality equipment as well, but they also are the first to spring to mind when considering mass produced items as they are able to produce it so so cheap.

Yeah I figured he was but It's just a lazy generalization to make, regardless of the circumstances that term has been used for so long and in every instance it carries a negative connotation, and leaving it be allows that type of negativity to flourish, there's better ways to describe crappy systems without putting down an entire population.

Bob Mould - Distortion: 1989-1995 — 8LP box set, Workbook to FU:EL, 140g clear splattered vinyl, new sleeve artwork. All vinyl links here including a limited to 750 worldwide indie signed exclusive here – Distortion: 1989-1995 [VINYL] - Bob Mould

Full details here - https://demonmusicgroup.co.uk

EfTXAwWXYAMKDl_

Bob Mould - Distortion: 1989-1995 — 8LP box set, Workbook to FU:EL, 140g clear splattered vinyl, new sleeve artwork. All vinyl links here including a limited to 750 worldwide indie signed exclusive here – Distortion: 1989-1995 [VINYL] - Bob Mould

EfTXAwWXYAMKDl_

Saw this announcement the other day. Box looks really nice. This is primetime Bob Mould. Highly recommended for anyone who doesn’t have these albums.

EfTXAwWXYAMKDl_
man this is pretty cool. I already have the Sugar albums, but I've never actually listened to anything Bob Mould solo besides his post-2012 albums. 2016 me would be all over this box but 2020 me is not going to buy it. 1) because I want to save money 2) because I don't have that much shelf space left 😅

Considering the cheapest listings of the most recent Workbook and Black Sheets of Rain represses are ~£40 on Discogs, the box set isn't half bad value.

Hadn’t noticed that. I have ‘89 & 2014 versions of Workbook on vinyl. Wish I had BSOR on wax. Both amazing albums.

Just noticed that they have alternate artwork for each and it looks really cool.

Small anecdote. I remember getting into Sugar in 2010. I was listening to a lot of Husker Du/Sugar when I would play Fallout: New Vegas, Which coincidentally has a part of the game that takes place at the Hoover Dam. I didn't plan on listening/playing with that coincidence but it was an amazing thing to discover because that song came on exactly when I was on that part. I still think of that game whenever I listen to Sugar lol.

1597327021979.png

1597328296037.png

1597328327543.png

Vinyl does not seem to be available seperately at least in her store anyway.

Back