Pre-Order Thread

Thanks for sharing. I really am enjoying it. Shipping to Canada is a tad pricey, so I’ll likely ship it to my PO Box in Washington and pick it up...... if you guys ever get your Covid under control so we can open up the border again.
Yea--Sam Gendel has a lot of pretty cool albums. I really like Satin Doll as well. He does a lot of kind of lo-fi electronic ambient jazz stuff if you could call it that?

At this rate, we may never get it under control sadly with the way things are being handled...

Damn. That sucks. It's kinda crazy to see the 180 people have made on this album though lately! Seems like a lot of people don't want it anymore (or did you buy a diff variant?). I'm a bit in the same boat...bought the indie variant out of FOMO a bit and just got it yesterday.
I suspect that this would be true, for some people, regardless of the particular title. Respond to the hype, purchase through pre-order, in this case have immediate access to the full album so you can listen to it over and over and over and over and over again, and then, months later, figure you're over it and decide your purchase of the vinyl was a mistake. All of which is to say I can't imagine this is any reflection on the album itself, which is a masterwork.

Last edited:
I've seen both weirdly. I'll be happy to listen to mine this weekend but if I feel that I won't spin it a lot, I might just resell for what I paid. I completely forgot I ordered it to be honest and don't find myself listening to the album on streaming as much as I did the first week or two after it came out.

if it helps any, it’s one of the better sounding records that I’ve purchased this year.

All of which is to say I can't imagine this is any reflection on the album itself, which is a masterwork.
Agreed! I listened to it non stop for the first couple of weeks then slowed down a bit. I imagine I’ll be spinning this weekly now.

Night Of The Living Bass Bins
Innereyefull

With a number 1 on the Juno download breakbeat chart for over two weeks and a limited run of CD's which sold out. Innereyefull's album, Night Of The Living Bass Bins, is now being pressed from Qrates on a double LP with 3 tracks per side, total running time is just over 60 minutes.

The album is akin to having a long, luxurious soak in a glorious sound bath of rich delights. Andy and his fabulous collaborators take us on a seamless journey from the funkiest dub breaks and reggae beats to the coolest jazz rhythms and the bossest bass sounds you could wish for.

safe_image.php

I suspect that this would be true, for some people, regardless of the particular title. Respond to the hype, purchase through pre-order, in this case have immediate access to the full album so you can listen to it over and over and over and over and over again, and then, months later, figure your over it and decide your purchase of the vinyl was a mistake. All of which is to say I can't imagine this is any reflection on the album itself, which is a masterwork.
Yea. I like the album but don't find myself listening to it all that much anymore. It's the big drag of longer and longer gaps between ordering and receiving records for me. Sometimes I think I want an album and will spin it on wax and get worried about the vinyl selling out so I grab it, then by the time release date comes around, I'm either tired of the album or just don't love it that much. It's how I feel about Fetch The Bolt Cutters. I think it's a solid album (personally I don't think it's as good as everyone has hyped it to be...it's not a 10/10 album for me) but I can't envision spinning it all that much. And with shelf space for me at a premium after buying WAY too many records the past few months, it gets harder and harder for me to justify it.

Yea. I like the album but don't find myself listening to it all that much anymore. It's the big drag of longer and longer gaps between ordering and receiving records for me. Sometimes I think I want an album and will spin it on wax and get worried about the vinyl selling out so I grab it, then by the time release date comes around, I'm either tired of the album or just don't love it that much. It's how I feel about Fetch The Bolt Cutters. I think it's a solid album (personally I don't think it's as good as everyone has hyped it to be...it's not a 10/10 album for me) but I can't envision spinning it all that much. And with shelf space for me at a premium after buying WAY too many records the past few months, it gets harder and harder for me to justify it.
Yeah, I definitely get that. And it'd be interesting to know the rate at which this happens for pre-orders, or anytime purchases really. Particularly for 'collectors' of vinyl, how often does each of us sort of regret a purchase after we've got it in hand? and how much of that is on the record itself vs. basic buyer's remorse? Ha, for some reason I've been verging toward philosophical or perhaps psychological ponderings regarding album accumulation lately:).

"looked like an apartment complex."

I'm just going to suggest that if a member is threatened with a banning that the evidence should probably rise above just what a building looks like.

Don't you think?

Edited to add: if you google the address apartments do come up but so do at least 9 other businesses sharing the address.

Mixed use buildings are all the rage.

Last edited:
Another Friday, another new Gillian Welch record teased! Fewer details on this one but looks to be a compilation called Lost Songs Vol 1 (I guess part of the "bootleg" series started a few years ago with Revival). As usual, the two songs released sound amazing. PS I asked Acony last week what was happening with Time (The Revelator) on vinyl and they merely said "it's in the works"...

EDIT: update from her official website

Unearthed from a cache of home demos and reel-to-reel recordings, Boots No. 2: The Lost Songs is the second release of archival music from the vault of Gillian Welch and David Rawlings. This remarkable 48 song collection, spread over three volumes, was recorded between the making of Time (The Revelator) and Soul Journey. It is an intimate glimpse at the artist’s sketchbook, containing some lifelong themes as well as some flights of fancy.

Volume 1 of Boots No. 2: The Lost Songs will be released digitally on July 31, 2020. Volumes 2 & 3 will follow in the coming months.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I really am enjoying it. Shipping to Canada is a tad pricey, so I’ll likely ship it to my PO Box in Washington and pick it up...... if you guys ever get your Covid under control so we can open up the border again.

Also recommend Sam Wilkes album - WIlkes . One of my favs

Back