Pre-Order Thread

They released the 3LP for in the moment almost 4 years later after both had gone OOP.

I think they'll probably do it for this one as well at some point, but damn, Universal Beings is like an essential for me. I couldn't imagine waiting 3 years for it. IA does all their pressings now at Pallas by the way, even the regular ones. The regular press of UB is up there with the best sounding modern jazz records I own.
I already own the actual LP on black wax. I am just gonna hold off on purchasing a separate LP of bonus material on colored wax, if and when they put out a deluxe edition that includes the bonus material on colored wax I will likely pick that up. Until then my black copy will suffice.

1594778930043.jpeg

View attachment 56678
I look forward to hearing this one. The cover looks to be at ACL Festival in front of Rock Island.

Fun Fact: Ben Kweller played ACL Festival on a hot afternoon in 2006 and got a gnarly nosebleed mid-set...he finished the show with a tampon in his nose.

That’s rock and roll.

Is there a setlist for this show? I can't imagine it being better then the first S&M.

Set I

1. The Ecstasy Of Gold (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
2. The Call Of Kthulu
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. The Day That Never Comes
5. The Memory Remains
6. Confusion
7. Moth Into Flame
8. The Outlaw Torn
9. No Leaf Clover
10. Halo on Fire

Set II

11. Scythian Suite, Op.20, Second Movement (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
12. Iron Foundry
13. The Unforgiven III
14. All Within My Hands (acoustic)
15. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
16. Wherever I May Roam
17. One
18. Master Of Puppets
19. Nothing Else Matters
20. Enter Sandman

Set I

1. The Ecstasy Of Gold (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
2. The Call Of Kthulu
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. The Day That Never Comes
5. The Memory Remains
6. Confusion
7. Moth Into Flame
8. The Outlaw Torn
9. No Leaf Clover
10. Halo on Fire

Set II

11. Scythian Suite, Op.20, Second Movement (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
12. Iron Foundry
13. The Unforgiven III
14. All Within My Hands (acoustic)
15. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
16. Wherever I May Roam
17. One
18. Master Of Puppets
19. Nothing Else Matters
20. Enter Sandman
Jesus Christ. I don't think this is a good setlist at all. My biggest gripe is that Human wasn't played. Also no Battery? At the time Load and Reload were the newest albums but replacing those and some classics with (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth? Would rather buy a copy of the first S&M.

I look forward to hearing this one. The cover looks to be at ACL Festival in front of Rock Island.

Fun Fact: Ben Kweller played ACL Festival on a hot afternoon in 2006 and got a gnarly nosebleed mid-set...he finished the show with a tampon in his nose.

That’s rock and roll.
I was SO happy when Sha Sha got released on RSD a few years back. That album is so great. Cautiously optimistic for this one!

Next Dinked Edition and highly recommended:

Mary Lattimore - Silver Ladders
available from the usual suspects: Shops — Dinked
GI371LPC2_016f1b22-717b-4457-aef9-ff5329f5f1cb_1200x.jpg

New Whitney album - all covers:

Signed versions here if that is your thing.

Next Dinked Edition and highly recommended:

Mary Lattimore - Silver Ladders
available from the usual suspects: Shops — Dinked
GI371LPC2_016f1b22-717b-4457-aef9-ff5329f5f1cb_1200x.jpg
Silver Star Edition (Indies Exclusive):
GI-370_02_1200x.jpg

Jesus Christ. I don't think this is a good setlist at all. My biggest gripe is that Human wasn't played. Also no Battery? At the time Load and Reload were the newest albums but replacing those and some classics with (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth? Would rather buy a copy of the first S&M.

I'll bet (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth lends itself well to a symphonic interpretation.
(For those that don't know: It just a bunch of Bass Solos that Cliff culled together for a song on the 1st Album.)
With the full symphony, instead of just the fuzzed out Bass, it could be good.

But the last thing we need is another version of either Enter Sandman or Nothing Else Matters.

Silver Star Edition (Indies Exclusive):
GI-370_02_1200x.jpg
Can't buy this even if I want to, the size and distance ratio of the Solar System on the Artwork is way too disturbing. Poor Uranus and Neptune.

We just landed Bright Eyes // Down in the Weeds, Where the World Once Was (IEX) (Red/ Orange Vinyl) on the Vinylmnky pre-orders list!
View attachment 56713
Damn vinylmnky postings 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back