Pre-Order Thread

Has anyone here pre-ordered anything from Zia Records before? I know they have a good reputation but I have some quick questions...

Do they charge you for the pre-order when it's actually released and shipped like Bullmoose or are you charged right away? Also if you have a couple in the order to qualify for free shipping ($30+ like Bullmoose) do they ship when released or hold them until the last one comes out?

1580415481307.png

Red Colored Double Vinyl, Bonus White Colored 7” Vinyl, Custom-Embossed Spot-Gloss Tri-Fold Jacket,6-Panel LP Insert including Full Album Lyrics & Free Digital Download Card

TRACKLISTING:01. Brothers & Sistersfeat. Chuck D & Stokley Williams 02. The Preacher 03. Crown Jewel 04. House Keys 05. Fresh Air 06. Tight Rope 07. Breakin' Dawn 08. The Travelers 09. Baby Girl 10. 'Round Here 11. Bad Mufucker Pt. II 12. Best @ Itfeat. Freeway & Joell Ortiz 13. Games 14. Slippin' Away 15. You Say (Puppy Love) 16. Usfeat. Stokley Williams

BONUS 7” VINYL:17. The Freshest Kidsfeat. Toki Wright, Evidence & BK-One 18. Breakin’ Dawn Boysfeat. Fashawn & BK-One
2409 Hennepin Ave. Mpls., MN 55405Office: 612.977.9870 Fax: 612.977.9871Email: info@rhymesayers.comStreet Date: 03.27.20 Catalog #: RSE303File Under: Rap/Hip Hop “B”Parental Advisory: NoCross Merchandise with Rhymesayers &Atmosphere. NOT AVAILABLE FOR EXPORTFollowing the critically acclaimed The Undisputed Truth (2007), Brother Ali's 2009 release, Us, showed the progression that helped make him such an enduring figure in hip-hop. While still politically and socially aware, Ali had turned his gaze more inward and started to examine the human condition from the outside looking in. A profound personal glimpse into a vulnera-bility seldom seen or heard in hip-hop, Us touched on the strengths and flaws of the human condition, exploring drug abuse, depression, divorce, discrimination, and many more topics that most people are scared to face within their own lives, much less on an album for the world to hear. Fewer still can do it with the same empathy and understanding as Brother Ali.

With a musical backdrop provided by Ant, the pair stay true to their influences of blues and soul, adding some live instrumen-tation for a lush sonic landscape. Guest appearances by Chuck D (Public Enemy), Freeway, Joell Ortiz and Stokley Williams (Mint Condition) only add to the beautifully intelligent and entertaining album Brother Ali and Ant made for, and about, all of Us.

Now, for its 10th anniversary, we're re-issuing this 2xLP album on red vinyl, packaged in a custom-embossed spot-gloss jacket, with two additional bonus tracks: "The Freshest Kids" (feat. Toki Wright, Evidence and BK-One) and "Breakin' Dawn Boys" (feat. Fashawn and BK-One).

mov has 5 new 2lp compilation sets called "themes" on limited coloured vinyl for ennio morricone . the themes are
Western
Psycho
Lounge
Giallo
Passion

Has anyone here pre-ordered anything from Zia Records before? I know they have a good reputation but I have some quick questions...

Do they charge you for the pre-order when it's actually released and shipped like Bullmoose or are you charged right away? Also if you have a couple in the order to qualify for free shipping ($30+ like Bullmoose) do they ship when released or hold them until the last one comes out?

I just got an order today for a single lp from ZIA record exchange in AZ. Don’t know about preorders.

If the same place:

The Good: they shipped fast.

The Bad: It was shipped in a lightweight 12x12 cardboard mailer. Arrived (almost) undamaged this time but those cheesy mailers have cost me a lot of grief. YOMV but FWIW I avoid places that ship in them whenever possible.

Last edited:
Hey all. Just a heads up. I contacted Bullmoose to ask if they will be getting the Sweet Trip vinyl in for preorders and it should be solicited to them next week, so hopefully it will be added to the website for pre-orders then!
Interesting. If the base price of the record is 33$, like it is on darla records, that would qualify it for free shipping through them. Just something to consider.

Get on the "Hippy Hayride" with Green Leaf Rustlers.
Not sure if that headline will excite or incite, But I'm down based on what I'm hearing.

Back