Pre-Order Thread

Electronic, Glitch, Shoegaze fans, here is an unmissable record:

Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort

This is cool, listening now, and had never heard of it. I'm curious about how this gets 'shoegaze' applied to it? I usually think of the mark of shoegaze as including layered, often searing, guitars, and I'm not really hearing much of that. I guess the track Fruitcake and Cookies has some of that. So now I'm wondering if how I have thought of shoegaze is wrong, or if this isn't really shoegaze? I'm often confused by genres labels. It doesn't matter, this album is dope, and I'm glad to have been introduced to it.

Anyone know if this is expected to go fast or be available at any stores? Trying to decide if I need to jump on it.

Anyone know if this is expected to go fast or be available at any stores? Trying to decide if I need to jump on it.
I've sent them a message because international shipping costs are a pain, but haven't heard back yet.
I'd suggest definitely placing a safety order, just in case.
This is a first time pressing and they should still have a huge fan base.
But don't take my word for it.

I've sent them a message because international shipping costs are a pain, but haven't heard back yet.
I'd suggest definitely placing a safety order, just in case.
This is a first time pressing and they should still have a huge fan base.
But don't take my word for it.
Frustratingly, this is the first Shopify store I've seen that doesn't tell you the remaining stock. It lets me go to checkout with 1,000,000 in cart.

This is cool, listening now, and had never heard of it. I'm curious about how this gets 'shoegaze' applied to it? I usually think of the mark of shoegaze as including layered, often searing, guitars, and I'm not really hearing much of that. I guess the track Fruitcake and Cookies has some of that. So now I'm wondering if how I have thought of shoegaze is wrong, or if this isn't really shoegaze? I'm often confused by genres labels. It doesn't matter, this album is dope, and I'm glad to have been introduced to it.
I think it's weird to call it a shoegaze album, but it does have a few shoegazey moments. I think the first time I heard it, I was looking at top ranked shoegaze albums on RYM and I was very confused.

Frustratingly, this is the first Shopify store I've seen that doesn't tell you the remaining stock. It lets me go to checkout with 1,000,000 in cart.
Reminds me the time I went to a Which Wich where they have these cards you fill out to say how many of which kind of cookie you want. As a joke I wrote 1,000,000 on it and haded it to the cashier. He was really young and probably stoned and he looked at it for a long time then slowly said, "Sir, I don't think we have that many here I will have to look.". I thought he was playing along so I asked him if I got a price break or if the prices scaled linearly. He said there was no price break and then it started to dawn on him just how long it would take to cook that many and he said, "You may have to come pick these up tomorrow, let me go count what we have" and started to walk away. I realized he was really that dense and let him in on the joke which just confused him more.

Reminds me the time I went to a Which Wich where they have these cards you fill out to say how many of which kind of cookie you want. As a joke I wrote 1,000,000 on it and haded it to the cashier. He was really young and probably stoned and he looked at it for a long time then slowly said, "Sir, I don't think we have that many here I will have to look.". I thought he was playing along so I asked him if I got a price break or if the prices scaled linearly. He said there was no price break and then it started to dawn on him just how long it would take to cook that many and he said, "You may have to come pick these up tomorrow, let me go count what we have" and started to walk away. I realized he was really that dense and let him in on the joke which just confused him more.
Little did he know, if he had went to the back and counted he would have found a million cookies for you

I'm really debating this one. If I get this one it will break my spending limit for the month. I like this album a lot, but I don't know how often I'd sit down and listen to it on vinyl. I listen to it somewhat on my phone, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an almost $40 purchase

EDIT: decided I might pass tbh, I feel like this one will just sit on my shelves if I buy it

Last edited:
Preorder of upcoming Porridge Radio album on bandcamp; it's available elsewhere too. The track Lilac blew me away.

I'm really looking forward to this album, it's also the Secretly Society Exclusive for March on Blue Ocean Waves Vinyl, not too sure though how that one will eventually turn out, they've had some bad examples of Mock up vs. real record (yes, I'm talking about that SVE flop).

Also like Lilac, although I have to say the overuse of the words comfortable/uncomfortable has been bugging me a bit.

Also the reason I never did was because shipping was like $10 or something stupid. Fuck websites that don't offer media mail
There are a few times where the shipping was so outrageous for an American site that people complained about the shipping costs and they contacted the store and they offered refunds to make up the difference for the media mail payment amount. I was lucky enough for that to happen for me when I ordered this huge boxset last year.

I wish they all could do that...

Dang I was waiting for this. I hope it doesn't sell out too quickly...

I'm really debating this one. If I get this one it will break my spending limit for the month. I like this album a lot, but I don't know how often I'd sit down and listen to it on vinyl. I listen to it somewhat on my phone, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an almost $40 purchase

EDIT: decided I might pass tbh, I feel like this one will just sit on my shelves if I buy it
You are a strong human being for passing up an album and not getting FOMO. I applaud you for that seriously.

Back