Pre-Order Thread

Rough Trade's aoty exclusives are out. Includes Titanic Rising, Grey Area, and Trust in the Lifeforce
Im not familiar with the Rough Trade AOTY Exclusives, is it just the colour? I see that Weyes Blood comes with a 'bonus disc', any ideas what this could be as I have been wanting to pick this album up?

Im not familiar with the Rough Trade AOTY Exclusives, is it just the colour? I see that Weyes Blood comes with a 'bonus disc', any ideas what this could be as I have been wanting to pick this album up?
RSR:

Weyes Blood’s Rough Trade Session is a 4 track 12" release. Limited to 1000 copies via Rough Trade exclusively, it's pressed on maroon vinyl with an etching on the b-side. The 12" EP features Titanic Rising standout “Wild Time” along with alternate takes of the singles.
These versions were recorded with Ariel Rechtshaid and originally available as a bonus CD with the Rough Trade release of Titanic Rising. Weyes Blood are on tour in Europe at the moment and Natalie recently played a solo show at Rough Trade East in London.
Tracklist:
1. A Lot Has Changed (titled “A Lot’s Gonna Change” on the album)
2. Everyday
3. Something to Believe
4. Wild Time

RSR:

Weyes Blood’s Rough Trade Session is a 4 track 12" release. Limited to 1000 copies via Rough Trade exclusively, it's pressed on maroon vinyl with an etching on the b-side. The 12" EP features Titanic Rising standout “Wild Time” along with alternate takes of the singles.
These versions were recorded with Ariel Rechtshaid and originally available as a bonus CD with the Rough Trade release of Titanic Rising. Weyes Blood are on tour in Europe at the moment and Natalie recently played a solo show at Rough Trade East in London.
Tracklist:
2. Everyday
3. Something to Believe
4. Wild Time
Oh wow, cool thanks for that! Might end up getting this one then........although I will need to find a cd player to play the bonus disc 🤣

Rough Trade's aoty exclusives are out. Includes Titanic Rising, Grey Area, and Trust in the Lifeforce
The bonus for All Mirrors is a 12" with 3 covers
1. You’re Gonna Be Sorry (Dolly Parton)
2. The First Hurt (Timi Yuro)
3. Millionaire (The Mekons)

The Teeth (one of the talented and forgotten mid 2000's indie bands that almost made it) are issuing their EP/LP/bonus material on vinyl for the first time (It's a bit steep at $35, and they also somehow have a $75 bundle...). They were contemporaries of Dr. Dog that got a lot of CMJ and SXSW hype and then broke up. I've been wanting this to get pressed for like 12 years now...maybe someone else out there is excited as I am to see this. 😁

Thanks @gregathon! I probably would've missed this one if it weren't for you, but I'm going to jump all over it.

I saw The Teeth open for someone back in the day... Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, maybe? They blew me away, and I was obsessed with that EP for a long time. I haven't listened to that or the LP in ages, but they bring back so many good memories.

1573579687214.png

US Links on all the Rough Trade Exclusives here Albums of the Year 2019 Exclusives

And the UK list for those ordering in Europe

Includes a 12" with Darklands Versions of Fontaines D.C. (out today) and some Sleaford Mods B-sides / demo exclusives (pre-order)

😍

RSR:

Tracklist:
2. Everyday
3. Something to Believe
4. Wild Time
If this included a live version of Movies I'd probably splurge for a 4-track record. Her live rendition of that is effing incredible (and it's my favorite track off that album).

1573594248094.png

The great Bill Fay returns with the third album in the celebrated second phase of his recording career.

“21 years ago, Colin Miles of See For Miles records dropped a pebble in a pond.” says Fay. It was Miles who, on a gut instinct, reissued Bill Fay’s albums for Deram - records made in 1970 and 1971 and deleted shortly afterwards - which Miles had always admired. Rave reviews and endorsements from the likes of Jim O’Rourke (Tortoise) and Jeff Tweedy (Wilco) led to a huge revival of interest in this vanished artist. Fay, now 76, was not actually a hermit but a quiet, private person who had withdrawn from a music world changed to the point where he felt no longer involved. But he had continued to make music almost every day in the intervening decades.

“Colin said to me, ‘You wanna get out there, Bill’,” Fay says, chuckling at the memory. “I replied, ‘I’m a corner-of-the-room person, Colin’.”

1573594280112.png

In Okay Kaya songs, her world looks a lot like ours — Netflix, jetlag, vegan peanut butter and chocolate ice cream, lonely bowls of ramen, diet trends. But unlike ours, each of these vibrates and shimmers with deeper, darker meaning, with existential dread and desire for understanding. Through Norwegian-raised New Yorker Kaya’s dreamy soft-focus lens, the language of Twitter memes becomes modernist poetry as her breathy contralto voice sings lines like, “If you don’t love me at my guttural sound, you don’t deserve me at my guttural sound.” This is Sade for nihilists.

On the opening track of her new record, Watch This Liquid Pour Itself, out on January 24, 2020, from Jagjaguwar, she sings, “I used to fight the feeling, always let it win.” As she transforms these feelings, defeats, and victories into songs, the lyrics often involve pools of sweat, oceans, and other forms of wetness. But Okay Kaya’s world is not one of renewal and rebirth—it’s not water at all, actually. “It’s more like bile,” Kaya says, “It’s what comes out in the purge.” In these songs, Kaya swims through her melancholy and anxiety—not as a way of cleansing herself, but as an understanding of their depths.

New Animal Collective live album (to celebrate MPP)

It comes out next week!
10 year anniversary. Damn that makes me feel old.

I haven’t seen this band mentioned n this forum, so I am coming out of lurking to post this Brown Bird repress:

Merch from Brown Bird

Brown Bird was one of my favorite bands in the early 2010’s, back when I was really into acoustic music. I originally saw them live with The Devil Makes Three...they were extremely impressive. Brown Bird ended up being a boyfriend/girlfriend duo, but David Lamb, the main singer/songwriter of the group ended up getting leukemia in 2012-2013 and he passed away shortly thereafter. The other half of Brown Bird, Morganeve Swain, is still making music so buying it will support her too! They really combined lots of different types of music genres. They might play acoustic music, but they are not a typical acoustic folk band by any means.

I'm on a vinyl diet and this was a no doubt about it diet breaker. The version of Fireworks on here is my favorite version of the song. They are also easily my favorite band tho
Landlocked records music posted on Reddit that it’ll be available in stores “for a few dollars cheaper” doesn’t appear to be limited. You might wanna wait and see how it all shakes out. I could see this popping up on Amazon for like $40 with free shipping.

Back