Pre-Order Thread

This comment on album openers reminded me of a fun list I read/listened to a few weeks ago. It's a bit more specific, as it pertains to the best opening tracks on debut albums. It's fairly eclectic but obviously leans towards more popular artists:

Cool list. I have always thought Caring is Creepy is a fantastic opener.
Other favorites for me:
The Doors - S/T - Break on Through (which also obviously goes with the debut albums theme)
Tom Waits - Heart of Saturday Night - New Coat of Paint
Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen - One Angry Dwarf
Modest Mouse - Moon and Antarctica - 3rd Planet

Cool list. I have always thought Caring is Creepy is a fantastic opener.
Other favorites for me:
The Doors - S/T - Break on Through (which also obviously goes with the debut albums theme)
Tom Waits - Heart of Saturday Night - New Coat of Paint
Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen - One Angry Dwarf
Modest Mouse - Moon and Antarctica - 3rd Planet

The list is for debut album openers.

But yah! THIRD PLANET!

Sorry - to clarify I was referring to a single LP reissue for $22.

It feels like recent legacy artist reissues (Petty, McCartney, Stones, Reed, Replacements) have not been offering a "just the album" version, and if so one priced below $25

I rarely find the need to spin vinyl of the unpolished outtakes, remixes, and live cuts ...and definitely don't need the fan club comb.
The Village Green box set they did is pretty awesome, although I agree--I rarely play all the extras that came with it. I prefer Lola vs too. I have an OG so not sure if I'll buy this one or not yet!

final Fat Wreck Chords 25th Anniversary release for the year - NOFX - I Heard They Suck Live. colored vinyl (with a foil accented cover) is sure to sell out fairly quickly if you're interested.

final Fat Wreck Chords 25th Anniversary release for the year - NOFX - I Heard They Suck Live. colored vinyl (with a foil accented cover) is sure to sell out fairly quickly if you're interested.

Thanks!

Back