Pre-Order Thread

Wow -- I looked at this several times today and my brain processed it as another version of Resident Alien.
Can't believe I almost missed it. I don't imagine 300 will last long.
Yeah I had a split second moment of panic when I saw it was posted earlier, I'm glad I was able to grab one. 300 is insanely limited for this, makes me wonder if there's gonna be a wider reissue?

Yeah I had a split second moment of panic when I saw it was posted earlier, I'm glad I was able to grab one. 300 is insanely limited for this, makes me wonder if there's gonna be a wider reissue?

I hope it does -- so many of these 90's RSD reissues are just for bands' debut albums. They rarely keep it going (Marcy Playground, Seven Mary Three come to mind first). I'm also hoping we see The Crow: City Of Angels get pressed at some point. Horrible movie, awesome SDTRK.

I hope it does -- so many of these 90's RSD reissues are just for bands' debut albums. They rarely keep it going (Marcy Playground, Seven Mary Three come to mind first). I'm also hoping we see The Crow: City Of Angels get pressed at some point. Horrible movie, awesome SDTRK.
disagree City Of Angels was nowhere as good as the og which is a classic still a very enjoyable watch tho.

OMG every variant of the new Soft Kill album sold out. I'm not sure if y'all dig them on these boards, but it's really cool that this happened for them. They've been getting through the shutdown by drip releasing singles and apparel for the fans and they finally got their new album out along with a ton of new merch and it's paid off for them big time.

Anyway I just wanted to brag about them here lol. Check them out if you haven't before.

Last edited:
Damn, this is tempting, but awfully expensive. Basically a One-Step, I guess.

Yes, I believe this is the second (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) in the Analogue Pro UHQR series. The first was Hendrix ABAL (both mono & stereo - I picked up the stereo and it is excellent; given the limited, high-quality nature they have a good resale value).

It is their competition w/ the One-step. Tull was announced as the next UHQR way back when the Hendrix was coming out. Aqualung is a good album, for me, but I don't think I need such a definitive album for me (16-year old me might've disagreed but tastes change YMMV)

Yes, I believe this is the second (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) in the Analogue Pro UHQR series. The first was Hendrix ABAL (both mono & stereo - I picked up the stereo and it is excellent; given the limited, high-quality nature they have a good resale value).

It is their competition w/ the One-step. Tull was announced as the next UHQR way back when the Hendrix was coming out. Aqualung is a good album, for me, but I don't think I need such a definitive album for me (16-year old me might've disagreed but tastes change YMMV)
Glad to hear the Hendrix was worth it. Aqualung is one of the few records from my distant past that I never get tired of listening to, and it also is one that is most likely to be played at high volume. Just have to decide whether I'm going to let myself travel the rationalization worm hole. I should think it will take a little while for them to sell 5,000 of these.

Glad to hear the Hendrix was worth it. Aqualung is one of the few records from my distant past that I never get tired of listening to, and it also is one that is most likely to be played at high volume. Just have to decide whether I'm going to let myself travel the rationalization worm hole. I should think it will take a little while for them to sell 5,000 of these.
The Hendrix went quickly - especially the mono (it was already gone when I ordered the stereo - but I think it might've been a 2,500/2,500 split between the two (I forget the numbers for that release and I'm sure it's on 'cogs).

Again, if you end up regretting the purchase later you should be able to sell it above investment point. It does have some great tracks - Cross-Eyed Mary is now playing in my head.

I saw JT when I was maybe 16 in NYC. It was a great show. I went through a massive Prog phase in my later teens/early 20's (I say massive 'cause I was even listening to contemporary prog - Spock's Beard, Flower Kings, etc.). I grew out of it, but a few albums or groups had longevity even when I became less enchanted w/ the genre as a whole (e.g. King Crimson - who I contest have ascended past that genre descriptor; Yes; few others). Maybe I should revisit Tull. Not with UHQR lol but at least a stream for ol times sake.

Damn, this is tempting, but awfully expensive. Basically a One-Step, I guess.

On a value scale there are better bang-for-ur-buck vinyl buys than any of these expensive pressings. But, once you have one in hand the quality is appreciated. I like the fact that Acoustic Sounds isn’t rushing these out the door as of yet.

Back story. I rem how much I wanted the UHQR of DSOTM when it 1st came out. My local record store had a copy. My stereo was just passable and at $50 it was half a weeks wages. Just couldn’t justify it.

Still can’t justify the Discogs price of that version of DSOTM ($1000+ in NM condition) but I sure wish I had picked one up when I had the chance originally. Of course there are lots of other records I feel that way about also.

This version of Aqualung has a reasonable chance of being one of the best sounding versions on vinyl both now and in the future. So, if you don’t have to give up to much to grab this version of Tull and it is an LP you keep coming back to then......

On a value scale there are better bang-for-ur-buck vinyl buys than any of these expensive pressings. But, once you have one in hand the quality is appreciated. I like the fact that Acoustic Sounds isn’t rushing these out the door as of yet.

Back story. I rem how much I wanted the UHQR of DSOTM when it 1st came out. My local record store had a copy. My stereo was just passable and at $50 it was half a weeks wages. Just couldn’t justify it.

Still can’t justify the Discogs price of that version of DSOTM ($1000+ in NM condition) but I sure wish I had picked one up when I had the chance originally. Of course there are lots of other records I feel that way about also.

This version of Aqualung has a reasonable chance of being one of the best sounding versions on vinyl both now and in the future. So, if you don’t have to give up to much to grab this version of Tull and it is an LP you keep coming back to then......
Yeah, that's the thing, the likelihood this will be a great sounding record. I think the Steve Wilson mix sounds good, but I have to believe this UHQR version will be better. We'll see. I'll keep an eye on it and put off the decision for now. :D But thanks for some perspective.

Another day, another Target approve delay email on the Neil Young CDs. I’m Safe again for now...
Got mine today, too! I feel like a rider on a bucking horse. We know it’s been announced for November 20th, yet Target is still going to just keep doing this with hopes of thinning out their mistake.

How about this one?

Slowdive - Souvlaki
Or that one?

High Pulp - Bad Juice

I've purchased two preorders at once from Zia and they have sent individual records separately, but I've still gotten the free shipping.

Is that the answer to your q?
I recently placed a Zia order for 3 records, all preorders. The first one shipped when it came in. Still waiting on the other two to ship, both of which are still technically preorders, although the new Sylvan Esso is out tomorrow and I haven't received a shipping notification yet.

Some more J-Jazz goodness from BBE:

Shintaro Quintet – Evolution

BBE Music presents the seventh release in its highly acclaimed J Jazz Master Class Series: ‘Evolution’ by Shintaro Quintet. Recorded in 1984 and originally released on the private label Streetnoise Records, ‘Evolution’ is a perfect example of stately modal jazz with every one of its five tracks composed by band leader and bassist, Shintaro Nakamura.

A cut from the album, ‘A Blind Man’, was included on the BBE Music compilation ‘J Jazz – Deep Modern Jazz from Japan 1969-1984’, and it’s a track that’s indicative of the album’s graceful blend of spiritual jazz and gently swinging minor blues waltzes, a style favoured by Nakamura that allows the band to stretch out and explore the strong melodic themes, lush arrangements and seductive rhythms.

Recorded in New York, ‘Evolution’ features the great Japanese trumpet player Shunzo Ohno alongside a mixed Japanese-American band: pianist Jeff Jenkins, who brings a touch of McCoy Tyner’s percussive blues to the album, has worked with many jazz greats including Freddie Hubbard, Eddie Harris and Clark Terry; US-born Saxophonist Bob Kenmotsu, one- time member of Jack McDuff’s band has also recorded and performed with jazz guitarist Pat Martino; and drummer Fukushi Tainaka, who studied under Philly Joe Jones, completes the solid rhythm section with Nakamura and Jenkins.

‘Evolution’ is reissued as a double 45rpm 180g LP, cut by the Grammy-nominated Carvery Studio. The BBE Music edition features exact reproductions of the original artwork and super-rare diagonal obi strip. It also comes with the original notes fully translated plus a new extended essay and interview with band members by Tony Higgins. ‘Evolution’ is also available as a CD and across digital formats.

BBE649_cover-scaled-3br0ub0e1a5lnxq1mvlqf4.jpg

Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never

Waiting for that rainbow variant... 🌈

Back