Pre-Order Thread

TTL Exclusives pressing numbers seem all over the place.

For example this forthcoming Oneohtrix at 750, Bojack was 500, Bright Eyes was 300.

I am a fan of the artists (and soundtrack), but I feel like if demand was in play, maybe Bojack 1,000, Bright Eyes 500, Oneohtrix 300?

My guesses might be off too, but regardless, I do wonder who makes decisions on pressing numbers for TTL, and how.

Last edited:

there's dozens of us!

actually i think you're burying the lede here: they're also doing NONSVCH Nonsuch

I posted about that last month when it came out for pre-order -

For those other 2 XTC fans again...

and Oranges And Lemons was a month before that...

For the other 2 XTC fans of the forum...

The sleeve has been re-worked to present the front colour image in all its psychedelic glory - and expanded to a gatefold to accommodate both the weight of the vinyl & the inclusion of song lyrics.

Last edited:
Some interesting variants up on SOV...intrigued by the CCR Pendulum release...says its abbey half speed but can’t seem to find it anywhere else yet

Yeah..it's one of my favorites. It's nice to see them finally finishing off some of these XTC reissues this year.
I think they have left, what, The Big Express & Mummer? I'm pretty sure after this next three all the others in the catalog, including Dukes..., have recent REs.

I appreciate the hyperbole, but there are definitely way more than two of us. But, I also take the point, whether intentional or not, that XTC are criminally slept on and not mentioned nearly enough. There are bands that are praised and praised because they have a handful of great albums; but if you look at a multi-decade career, they probably have some clunkers.

Not XTC! Andy and the boys put out consistently stellar records. Some are stronger than others but there is not a stinker in the bunch. A wall to wall great career (Ok, TBH Drums and Wires is where they really took off as far as great records, but White Music and Go2 were them getting their footing)

I also wonder what the "initial run" is that will include the extra 7" and if that will only be through Burning Shed?

Last edited:
I think they have left, what, The Big Express & Mummer? I'm pretty sure after this next three all the others in the catalog, including Dukes..., have recent REs.

Yeah. They have to do White Music and Go 2 at some point, too, just for completists (like me) sake.

As good as these reissues have been, I kinda wish they'd also release the new Steve Wilson stereo mixes they've had on the blu rays on vinyl.

Yeah. They have to do White Music and Go 2 at some point, too, just for completists (like me) sake.

As good as these reissues have been, I kinda wish they'd also release the new Steve Wilson stereo mixes they've had on the blu rays on vinyl.
Steve Wilson has become a prog remaster/remix darling. Although I'd put I'd use that word lightly w/ XTC.

Porcupine Tree is one of my all-time favorite groups so I don't mind that SW gets the work and he has been tasteful for the stuff he's done that I've been interested in.

Rob J Madin (You may know him as Brett Domino from his nerdy YouTube persona) made an instrumental funk cover album of some metal/nu metal songs and it's great.

Listen here

Vinyl here

a2906821025_10.jpg

I appreciate the hyperbole, but there are definitely way more than two of us. But, I also take the point, whether intentional or not, that XTC are criminally slept on and not mentioned nearly enough. There are bands that are praised and praised because they have a handful of great albums; but if you look at a multi-decade career, they probably have some clunkers.

Not XTC! Andy and the boys put out consistently stellar records. Some are stronger than others but there is not a stinker in the bunch. A wall to wall great career (Ok, TBH Drums and Wires is where they really took off as far as great records, but White Music and Go2 were them getting their footing)

I also wonder what the "initial run" is that will include the extra 7" and if that will only be through Burning Shed?

I think the fact that they’ve never really had a live presence and haven’t been able to take advantage of continuing on the touring circuit and keeping their name out there has contributed to how underrated they are.

Last edited:

XTC is among my five favorite artists of all time.

I think the fact that they’ve never really had a live presents and haven’t been able to take advantage of continuing on the touring circuit and keeping their name out there has contributed to how underrated they are.

Which is tragic because by all rights they're (IMO) the logical post-punk continuation of the beatles. I have the transistor live box, which is great, but sadly all their live stuff just....stops. So there's no live anything after the period of Andy's breakdown.

Not exactly a huge demand given recent enough re-releases but Raising Sand Reissue (Plant & Krauss)

Also an REM album (Out of Time) I hadn't seen at Target before, though this may not be new

Back