Pre-Order Thread

This girl is on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!
I unfortunately have mixed feelings on her recent efforts. Her last album HERE was OK for me. In this album seems a bit overproduced so far!

Her Tiny Desk performance was amazing though and her single “In Common” is still such a sensual, pulsating, mystical, acrobatic, oriental, sweaty jam! 🔥🔥🔥

I’m a big Alicia Keys’ fan in general though! I really like her first 3 albums, and Songs in A Minor is one of my all-time favourite debut albums! Easily her best album in my opinion!

So a new Alicia Keys is released tomorrow and nobody told me?

CD & Digital only for now (and some reaaaaaaaaally nice hoodies).
@Jonathan Y and I have been watching this release. And this album release has really gone under the radar. Right now, I'm just patiently waiting for a vinyl press.

I unfortunately have mixed feelings on her recent efforts. Her last album HERE was OK for me. In this album seems a bit overproduced so far!

Her Tiny Desk performance was amazing though and her single “In Common” is still such a sensual, pulsating, mystical, acrobatic, oriental, sweaty jam! 🔥🔥🔥

I’m a big Alicia Keys’ fan in general though! I really like her first 3 albums, and Songs in A Minor is one of my all-time favourite debut albums! Easily her best album in my opinion!

Saaaaaame! I had Songs in A Minor in my discman all the time (you are too young to know what is a discman). The Diary of... was a really great album and I was jealous of Mos Def because of the look she gives him in the You Don't Know My Name video. She did some really great songs after those two albums (Superwoman, No One, Empire State Of Mind, Girl On Fire) but I must admit that I didn't listened enough to her following albums. I started playing her playlist on Sportify to see if I remember my teenage days but my back keeps hurting :p

@Jonathan Y and I have been watching this release. And this album release has really gone under the radar. Right now, I'm just patiently waiting for a vinyl press.

I must listen to her new album. There are some really bad reviews on the vinyl version of The Diary of... so I hope there will be a repress soon. This album is fantastic.

So a new Alicia Keys is released tomorrow and nobody told me?

CD & Digital only for now (and some reaaaaaaaaally nice hoodies).
Just listened to Underdog, So Done, and Perfect Way To Die. God damn, she's still got it, sounds like this is going to be a great album.

The Neil Archives Vol. 2 saga is getting wonky. Woke up to another Approve Delay email, and as usual i go to it first thing..I hit approve multiple times and it never seemed to "take"...eventually I get an email saying I have approved the delay.

I go on my laptop account and see the Approve Delay button still there and when I hit it i get an error:

1600344962103.png

System error? Think I'm in the clear since I got the email? @MikeH where you at, you getting any of this?

The Neil Archives Vol. 2 saga is getting wonky. Woke up to another Approve Delay email, and as usual i go to it first thing..I hit approve multiple times and it never seemed to "take"...eventually I get an email saying I have approved the delay.
I got the same thing this morning
I go on my laptop account and see the Approve Delay button still there and when I hit it i get an error:

View attachment 66527

System error? Think I'm in the clear since I got the email? @MikeH where you at, you getting any of this?

View attachment 66527

This happened to me too. It’s a wonky system. As long as you hit approve and get the email saying it’s approved you should be good. If you go back again after approving, it still asks you approve again for some reason and the error pops up because you already approved it.

I'm good to wait, right? The pressing isn't limited, or is it? I don't have a good read on NIN store stuff.

I hadn't listened to this in a while and the post prompted me to. It's so damn good.

I really don't know what to tell you....some non-limited things sell out quick, and some "limited edition" releases are still there years later.

I do know it's a much desired reissue, as the original 2011 release has been OOP since it was released. While it's not the 3 LP version as we've seen in the URL - https://store.nin.com/collections/m...-br-span-2017-definitive-edition-br-3xlp-span (it's still on the NIN site) - people will be wanting this reissue.

My original didn't sound bad, but others complained about the quality.

Their note on it is pretty funny:

Thanks for those links.....I saw them when I ordered, but they are no longer on the page.

The
HTML:
https://www.nin.com/john-carmak-american-mcgee/
doesn't work any more

But https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2486/0276/files/QUAKE_essays_SEP15_FIN4_GRACoL_CL.pdf?v=1600226971 does.

I really don't know what to tell you....some non-limited things sell out quick, and some "limited edition" releases are still there years later.

I do know it's a much desired reissue, as the original 2011 release has been OOP since it was released. While it's not the 3 LP version as we've seen in the URL - https://store.nin.com/collections/m...-br-span-2017-definitive-edition-br-3xlp-span (it's still on the NIN site) - people will be wanting this reissue.

My original didn't sound bad, but others complained about the quality.
Interestingly Kevin Gray seems to have cut the lacquers on the OG. It seems the QC on the pressing was the main culprit of the clunky sounding bad. People got copies with non-fill and surface noise from what I saw. I’m so torn on whether to wait on this or not. My RT order weirdly never got cancelled either.

Interestingly Kevin Gray seems to have cut the lacquers on the OG. It seems the QC on the pressing was the main culprit of the clunky sounding bad. People got copies with non-fill and surface noise from what I saw. I’m so torn on whether to wait on this or not. My RT order weirdly never got cancelled either.

His cut sounds great...I think it was more of the pressing quality. I don't think there is anything in the runouts, which leads me to think it was Erika Records - they can be a bit spotty.

Rainbow variant

Turquoise variant

@nolalady your wish has been heard and granted!!!!!

Back