GWAR - SCUMDOGS OF THE UNIVERSE LIMITED EDITION 30TH ANNIVERSARY REMIX

"Remixed, remastered, perfected"

Signed copies available...

Signed versions include an 11x11 signed print of the album cover

This was only available in an overpriced bundle before so thank you.

Autographed Limited Collector's Edition En Español Splatter Vinyl

This is a gorgeous pressing and the album is great too so I picked this up.

I was aware of The Mavericks but hadn’t listened to them before. My dad is a fan and suggested I check them out at a festival I was at and they were on the bill. My wife and I came over a hill to see them in between other bands we’d planned on seeing and they had just started their fantastic cover of ‘Harvest Moon’. The sun had just went down and we had a buzz going and I was stunned by them and watched the rest of their set in awe. Just one of those perfect moments that now I’m even more nostalgic for than normal.

That's what I saw at first, too. Well...I saw the $150 price tag and said "hell no" out loud...alone in this basement.

I then saw they had the limited red - and then saw they had the signed copies available.

I have the most recent - 2016 - RSD release...and it's good. Chicago Mastering Service / MRP (no GZ stamp), but I'm interested in this remix.

And if this sells well, I'm hoping for other Gwar releases. I missed out on the America Must Be Destroyed release a while back.

Black Pumas the flamethrower! The kids love it.

d73d2e930acbd9aa57ac305826396b5d.jpg
Lolz

That's what I saw at first, too. Well...I saw the $150 price tag and said "hell no" out loud...alone in this basement.

I then saw they had the limited red - and then saw they had the signed copies available.

I have the most recent - 2016 - RSD release...and it's good. Chicago Mastering Service / MRP (no GZ stamp), but I'm interested in this remix.

And if this sells well, I'm hoping for other Gwar releases. I missed out on the America Must Be Destroyed release a while back.

I think they have the new version of "Maggots" up on streaming but I'm curious as to how the LP will sound as well. Thanks again!

This is a gorgeous pressing and the album is great too so I picked this up.

I was aware of The Mavericks but hadn’t listened to them before. My dad is a fan and suggested I check them out at a festival I was at and they were on the bill. My wife and I came over a hill to see them in between other bands we’d planned on seeing and they had just started their fantastic cover of ‘Harvest Moon’. The sun had just went down and we had a buzz going and I was stunned by them and watched the rest of their set in awe. Just one of those perfect moments that now I’m even more nostalgic for than normal.

I bit the bullet. I just had too. That sounds like an an amazing time. When you can remember when you were when you first heard a band that is a good sign they hit with you. Never seen The Mavericks live but they are on my list. My brother in law thanks Raul Malo is one of the best songwriters of this generation and it is hard to argue with him.

One of his best, and personally meaningful to a lot of people in the '90s.

Hear hear!
Context is everything.
If you came to Wildflowers well after its 1994 release you may have a different attachment point to it.

When it was released in 1994, there was no streaming services, P2P services were still pretty nascent and Napster was still 5 years away.
Radio still was a huge driver in what most people sought out at the record store.

Wildflowers came out the same year as Definitely Maybe, Dookie, The Blue Album, The Black Album, Parklife, Superunknown, The Downward Spiral, Illmatic, Ill Communication, Selected Ambient Works, and Vitology. (**holy shit 1994 was a killer year for music).
Ice-T's Thrash Band, Body Count, was releasing a second album that was getting some mainstream radio play and bands like The Meat Puppets, Dino Jr., The Reverend Horton Heat, Marilyn Manson and The Jesus Lizard were not "underground" and becoming something you would hear on a mainstream rock station (as opposed to a College Rock format).

Petty's prior releases, even Full Moon Fever (because Nirvana and NIN and the Alt-Rock onslaught was just getting going), were very much tied to a sound that was, for the most part , firmly rooted in what was a popular sound, but with the Petty Magic.
But when Petty dropped Wildflowers, it stood out as something very different and apart from what was happening.
Songs like You Don't Know how it feels made Alt-radio because of the "roll another joint" lyrics (and because it fucking rules) - but it was really a throwback and stood out as apart from what you'd otherwise hear.
It was kind of a Petty-Blues & Ballad thing in a sea of "Basket Cases" and songs about Iron Lungs and Unraveling Sweaters.

These days there's Fleet Foxes, The Decembrists, Bright Eyes, Bon Iver's Emma and everything all the way to Talyor going "into the woods".
So if you come to Wildflowers with that experience surrounding it, it may not have the same impact.

I can't un-contextualize hearing Wildflowers for the first time from a landscape of experience that was 1994.
So, I stan for Wildflowers in a way I dont for almost anything.

Last edited:

Now available in an overpriced individual bundle. ;)

Punk is dead but at least you can remember the last of the good stuff

Lars Frederiksen S/t in a couple limited colors

Back