Pre-Order Thread

Good Records is a music store in Dallas and the stage is covered in pink AstroTurf....well worth a visit when in townView attachment 61560
I'm in Dallas right now. I think they changed locations and are at a much smaller place. If anyone is ever there also check out the smaller record store next to it about 2 stores down or so. It's a small shop but a crate diggers goldmine. The only thing though is that the owner knows prices on vintage stuff so records can be a bit pricey. When I went last November to Good Records and found the other shop next door I dug around and found some amazing first prints of UK Post-Punk and New-Wave imports. I kick myself for not buying these two Echo and the Bunnymen albums ugh...

Shoot I might have to swing by there Saturday afternoon. I'm visiting my in laws and taking my daughter to the Dallas Aquarium lol

"Stepping Out Tonight" is such a great song. Still these are pricey dang! I also see these albums used around town so I better just grab one next time lol
I found them both (and more JJ) in a free bin, that a local thrift store used to do, in fine shape... of course they aren't the new cuts but can't complain at that price (or lack thereof).

One of my favorite VMP purchases was the Guru bundle plus at the time there was some crazy deal where the store was having a sale and on the forum they also posted a code that we could use on top of it all. I think I blew 100 bucks and ended up with close to ten records from the store distro itself plus the bundle
Still regret not picking up that bundle.

Last edited:
The Foxfire Sound Vol. 1

This is an interesting one. The Foxfire House is a *very* nice B&B my wife and I have stayed at in the Catskills mountains in upstate New York. One of the biggest things that struck me during out stays (besides the excellent food, drink, and the property) was the next-level quality of the music played in the restaurant and parlor.

The Foxfire House has partnered with Numero Group to release a limited edition LP with tracks curated by the proprietor selected to reflect the sound and atmosphere of the Catskills region. Apparently he's a DJ in addition to a hotelier, so this all makes sense!

Regardless, this definitely seems like a curiosity, but there will for sure be some true gems on this compilation!

Foxfire+Sound+-+Album+Jacket.jpg
No track list for this one? It sounds up my alley...

Speaking of Guruguru Brain, did you see the pre-orders for re-presses of Kikagaku Moyo's 'Stone Garden' and 'Mammatus Cloud'? I grabbed both yesterday, but still need the S/T to round out my KM collection.
I grabbed both, because I haven't spent enough money on vinyl lately 🤣

Elvis Costello’s new album up for pre-order. He had a few different variants available, but it looks to me that only the Eclipse and standard black are left, both signed and unsigned. The Eclipse is quite limited, a quantity of just 350. This link is for the Eclipse variant.

Elvis Costello - Hey Clockface

Awesome. The 7” limited to 300 must be gone as it wouldn’t let me add it.

No track list for this one? It sounds up my alley...
Track list? You either like music or you don’t

🤓

Honestly, the lack of a tracklist has me *very* excited and intrigued, especially based on my first hand experience of the fine selections and super deep cuts at the property

For those of you who preordered the Neil Young Archives Vol 2 CD set for $4 from Target... a little more info:

Good luck to all with this. Got an email saying there was a problem with my credit card and I needed to update. Updated my info, but it wouldn't let the updated card connect with the preorder, sending me to an error message instead. I called customer service, got passed to three different people along the way, and was finally told there apparently was a tech problem on their end, and they would take care of it and update the preorder. Within 15 minutes after being told that, I received another email stating "preorder cancelled". So, I think they may know they messed up, but may the mojo gods be with you all.

Good luck to all with this. Got an email saying there was a problem with my credit card and I needed to update. Updated my info, but it wouldn't let the updated card connect with the preorder, sending me to an error message instead. I called customer service, got passed to three different people along the way, and was finally told there apparently was a tech problem on their end, and they would take care of it and update the preorder. Within 15 minutes after being told that, I received another email stating "preorder cancelled". So, I think they may know they messed up, but may the mojo gods be with you all.
So target applies a hold on your CC every 30 days. If your CC expires or if your payment method can’t be used, they will cancel the preorder. The item is no longer available on their site so I’m guessing that’s why they cancelled it (and why it may end up being cancelled for all of us...)

So target applies a hold on your CC every 30 days. If your CC expires or if your payment method can’t be used, they will cancel the preorder. The item is no longer available on their site so I’m guessing that’s why they cancelled it (and why it may end up being cancelled for all of us...)
They emailed me about the update, stating I had 48 hours to update or it would be cancelled. I tried updating a number of times within the 48 hours, and called them within the 48 hours, and then they cancelled me before the 48 hours was up. So, yeah, I can see them cancelling it for everyone. I hope I'm the only one. Plus, it may have played a role in the fact I ordered three copies of it.

Back