Pre-Order Thread

Soooooo......I have so many pre-orders coming in August I just wanted to let you know that I may be telling my wife they are all PIFs from you guys. Make sure to cover if she asks...m'kay?
Haha! You just better hope my wife isn't the one she talks to, or we'll both be under the bus!
Remember guys, she can't be mad at you while you're doing dishes...

That doesn't work for me as I already do the dishes.....and vaccuum, do trash, handle dog duties, and help with cooking and laundry. I may need to get creative......:unsure:
I've been selling some so that my fiancée doesn't murder me. The "this is from my subscription" or "this was a pre-order from months ago!" lines aren't cutting it anymore 😂 😂

This is all becoming kind of comical at this point, no?

A little confused as it says 1st time on vinyl. I have Two&Three on vinyl. So these are represses of the 2014/2015 releases? For example....

From my understanding these are going to be represses of what we got early in the 2010's.

We need to stop supporting merchants with these so-called "all sales final pre-orders". It is complete horseshit, they absolutely can cancel the order, and your credit card company can assist them with that process.

Buying a record is not a contract.
Interesting as I was just thinking I would basically not consider ordering something I thought I was going to decide I didn't want before it even arrived. Not sure why the onus should be on the merchant seeing as the decision to buy rests entirely with me.

Interesting as I was just thinking I would basically not consider ordering something I thought I was going to decide I didn't want before it even arrived. Not sure why the onus should be on the merchant seeing as the decision to buy rests entirely with me.

Because returns and cancellations are the cost of doing business for any industry providing goods. Declining to cancel an order before goods and services have even been provided is bad faith- circumstances change for a variety of reasons.

I agree for the most part but I do take issue with the rise of "DuE tO tHe NaTuRe Of PrE-oRdErS" nonsense. There's nothing about ordering something in advance that is materially different from ordering something that is physically in stock that should prevent order cancellations. They don't want to give you that option, fine, but why the pretense that it's just not possible in these circumstances?

Back