Pre-Order Thread

I agree for the most part but I do take issue with the rise of "DuE tO tHe NaTuRe Of PrE-oRdErS" nonsense. There's nothing about ordering something in advance that is materially different from ordering something that is physically in stock that should prevent order cancellations. They don't want to give you that option, fine, but why the pretense that it's just not possible in these circumstances?
I think that's a good point. It does make more sense though when it is for small independent artists who take pre-orders prior to pressing the records, sort of like crowdfunding. I guess in that sense, the nature of pre-orders is different.

We need to stop supporting merchants with these so-called "all sales final pre-orders". It is complete horseshit, they absolutely can cancel the order, and your credit card company can assist them with that process.

Buying a record is not a contract.

Yes, you can tell a quality company when you need to deal with their customer service policies. I have a # of companies I only buy from as a last resort. Sadly this means some things I don't buy and miss out on because I don't want to deal with the hassle if there is an issue. Sometime I swallow my pride and roll the dice. Right now with vinyl sale strong they are getting away with some shady practices but always doing your best to support companies with the most customer friendly service is a very good thing all around.

A little confused as it says 1st time on vinyl. I have Two&Three on vinyl. So these are represses of the 2014/2015 releases? For example....

LITA is really bad at updating their descriptions of things. For a lot of the recent Tidal Waves represses, they have said "first time ever on vinyl in the US!" while it's actually the 2nd repress from Tidal Waves just in a different color...

Wilco - All Lives, You Say?

Pay what you can. All profits will be donated to Movement for Black Lives.

Wilco - All Lives, You Say?

Pay what you can. All profits will be donated to Movement for Black Lives.

Insta-buy.
Edit: You should Post this this over at the Wilco (The Thread) Too.

So, am I allowed to be glad now that I have never bought any variant of this previously and can get the DE as my first copy?

Hamilton Restock.

I think that's a good point. It does make more sense though when it is for small independent artists who take pre-orders prior to pressing the records, sort of like crowdfunding. I guess in that sense, the nature of pre-orders is different.
Even in those cases, if you don't account for overages in your inventory for replacements/lost items/adjustments in demand, you're doing it wrong, as VMP would tell you from years of trial & error.

Hamilton Restock.

Nice! Good looking out! I paid about $30 more for this on eBay for one that was ever so slightly damaged. I'm also impatient AF!

Thanks again for thinking of me!

Even in those cases, if you don't account for overages in your inventory for replacements/lost items/adjustments in demand, you're doing it wrong, as VMP would tell you from years of trial & error.
Yeah, that's true, they should plan for it. I guess I was saying if it is actually an individual who doesn't have a lot of extra capital instead of a large company, the person canceling a significant amount of time after ordering could be seen as bad faith as well. Unless tons of people cancel, it should be fine, but I guess I could see the argument that it isn't a nice thing to do.

Back