Pre-Order Thread

New Touche Amore! This is the Deathwish Records exclusive. There are others being sold on the bands website but they are selling out. This is limited to 500 copies and will definitely sell out. Probably before the end of the week, or even the day.

God dammit. My friend texted me about the new song and then I completely forgot to check for pre-orders. I definitely don’t need the book thing but the two variants I like best (the two splatters on their website) look to be sold out already. The red is boring and the beer/gold is also pretty ugly. Hmmmm

EDIT: In fairness to Record Stop, in response to an email stating my displeasure with learning this is a bootleg (placing a lot of faith in you guys here!), they claim: "got from a supplier overseas, didn't know it was or wasn't. Never Imagined they would have a bootleg" and gave me the option of refusing the item for a refund. No reason to mistrust them at this point, and grateful for their multiple prompt replies.
I emailed them too. Response I got was a little less forthcoming, even though I pointed directly to the boot listing on discogs:
"We are told by another person today the same thing. We bought from a real distributor overseas, but regardless we hear it's a great recording. Either way the record has shipped right away, if you don't want it, you may refuse/return it for a refund."

Here's the thing: they're on the East Coast and I made my purchase at 5:18pm. Even though they generated a shipping notice 20 minutes later, it most definitely has not "shipped right away." And they've taken down the listing. I think they know exactly what they're doing.

For the completeists (is that a word?) among you: New York Deluxe 3CD/DVD/2LP + Cassette Bundle Lou Reed

Nothing wrong with picking up the new expanded version but don’t overlook keeping an eye out for a NM- original for similar or less cost. One of several essential Lou Reed albums of me. Never disappoints when I pull it out.

Yikes at that $90 price point. FYI pretty sure I scored a very clean used copy for $20. Between this and the super deluxe ‘Mats reissues, Rhino is really mining alt 80’s for box sets.

That being said this album hits me in ALL the right ways, and I’ll probably end up getting the box set as a second copy of it when it goes on sale at some point in time. Gonna figure out how to get my hands on Songs For Drella for RSD too.

Yikes at that $90 price point. FYI pretty sure I scored a very clean used copy for $20. Between this and the super deluxe ‘Mats reissues, Rhino is really mining alt 80’s for box sets.

That being said this album hits me in ALL the right ways, and I’ll probably end up getting the box set as a second copy of it when it goes on sale at some point in time. Gonna figure out how to get my hands on Songs For Drella for RSD too.
Yeah I want that Drella record too. It was what I wanted most from RSD this year

Yes. I was thinking just the 2lp repress will likely be available solo for $30 or so. A nice OG pressing should be similar cost with a little luck. Highly recommended. I really like New York also so I quite likely will pick up the new one to compare to my other(s) at some point. :).

The third pressing of Twin Tribes's first album Shadow is up for preorder in two purple variants.

Twin Tribes also newly runs US distribution for Germany's Young & Cold Records as Beso De Muerte Records. They've just added a preorder for (their fellow Texan) This Cold Night's latest collection of remasters, Enigmatic Individual. Plenty of other post-punk and cold wave goodies to delve into as well.

God dammit. My friend texted me about the new song and then I completely forgot to check for pre-orders. I definitely don’t need the book thing but the two variants I like best (the two splatters on their website) look to be sold out already. The red is boring and the beer/gold is also pretty ugly. Hmmmm
Knowing this band, many more different pressings will come lol.

Knowing this band, many more different pressings will come lol.
That’s true. I thought about that but went with the Beer/Gold since it matches the artwork better. If there’s a better pressing I’ll think about getting it too. Don’t think I’ll have difficulty selling the other.

I emailed them too. Response I got was a little less forthcoming, even though I pointed directly to the boot listing on discogs:
"We are told by another person today the same thing. We bought from a real distributor overseas, but regardless we hear it's a great recording. Either way the record has shipped right away, if you don't want it, you may refuse/return it for a refund."

Here's the thing: they're on the East Coast and I made my purchase at 5:18pm. Even though they generated a shipping notice 20 minutes later, it most definitely has not "shipped right away." And they've taken down the listing. I think they know exactly what they're doing.
I got a little snippy in reply, and received one more response this morning telling me that it really did go out for a last dropoff to USPS yesterday afternoon, and promising that they aren't trying to get one over on anyone.

He also says that DJ, Khruangbin's drummer, bought one from them in person. He suggests that maybe it's only an 'unofficial' release "because of a record deal put into place after it was made." I really don't know shit about the music business, but that last bit feels like some word salad to me. Okay, so maybe they're not trying to screw anybody, but it feels like they're staying deliberately ignorant for plausible deniability.

ANYhoo, the only reason I was frustrated is because I was moving too fast yesterday and figured these would go quick, so my dumb ass ordered two copies. So, I guess if anybody wants an Indonesian, maybe-not-but-probably-definitely bootleg of a maybe-rip of a YouTube recording of a live Khruangbin show for free, PM me.

Last edited:
I got a little snippy in reply, and received one more response this morning telling me that it really did go out for a last dropoff to USPS yesterday afternoon, and promising that they aren't trying to get one over on anyone.

He also says that DJ, Khruangbin's drummer, bought one from them in person. He suggests that maybe it's only an 'unofficial' release "because of a record deal put into place after it was made." I really don't know shit about the music business, but that last bit feels like some word salad to me. Okay, so maybe they're not trying to screw anybody, but it feels like they're

ANYhoo, the only reason I was frustrated is because I was moving too fast yesterday and figured these would go quick, so my dumb ass ordered two copies. So, I guess if anybody wants an Indonesian, maybe-not-but-probably-definitely bootleg of a maybe-rip of a YouTube recording of a live Khruangbin show for free, PM me.

I'm a sucker for gray market releases. I'll buy it off you!

Rolling Stones reissues keep on comin...this will likely be available at all the usual suspects.
Yup, and the sale is still on....

Not a pre-order, but cross posting it to share. I tripped over this by accident and NOW can't wait to get it. What they did on this release and the deluxe packaging (a "cd tray" like insert for the vinyl) is pretty cool. I love Chester, and this is a fitting release/tribute to his career............really enjoying the album.

1596118343887.png

Back