Pre-Order Thread

Will anybody agree with me that this can fit in with Emo from the 90's? I always considered the early RK stuff to be in the same vein as Emo, just like the first couple Rainer Maria albums. Still, despite that, this is great stuff.

I think that’s fair. I was first exposed to “indie” at the turn of the century, and at that time it didn’t feel like a major leap to go from Pedro the Lion to Weezer to the Juliana Theory to Rilo Kiley to Bright Eyes.

As for this “reissue”... as much as I loved “Teenage Lovesong” back in the day, the rest of this album is not doing much for me.

Will anybody agree with me that this can fit in with Emo from the 90's? I always considered the early RK stuff to be in the same vein as Emo, just like the first couple Rainer Maria albums. Still, despite that, this is great stuff.
I am not sure. To me this albums would perfectly fit in with their other indie label albums. Would you consider Barsuk or Saddle Creek Emo labels? I think of them as indebted to early emo but not necessarily emo themselves though I am far from an expert.

I am not sure. To me this albums would perfectly fit in with their other indie label albums. Would you consider Barsuk or Saddle Creek Emo labels? I think of them as indebted to early emo but not necessarily emo themselves though I am far from an expert.
Oh yeah, I always considered Barsuk and Saddlecreek to be Emo pioneer labels, but I also agree with the Indie thing. I believe the boundaries were crossed very well and it just works. That and I also played a lot of the Emo game back in the 2000's and they ripped on just about every Indie/Emo band out there ha ha.

1595612409846.png

1595612418762.png

Skullcrusher - Skullcrusher | Secretly Store

www.secretlystore.com
www.secretlystore.com
Skullcrusher's Secretly Canadian debut EP is out digitally today, and with it comes the announcement of the physical release on October 23, which we'd like to offer members a special discount on. Members can get the picture disc 12" for $10.99, and the transparent cloudy clear 12" for $9.99. Members can also snag the Skullcrusher t-shirt at a reduced price of $14.99.
I’ve never heard of Skullcrusher but I just got an email from recordstore.co.uk about this saying ffo Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief and Snail Mail so of course I preordered! From banquet tho as they have cheaper postage.

So, there's a branch of emo that is indie rock emo. And stuff like bright eyes and rilo kiley DEFINITELY fit in there. But no one calls that type of music emo today. It was very much of its time. But as a scene kid in the early aughts we def called it emo.

And sometimes that angered the hardcore punks.

So, there's a branch of emo that is indie rock emo. And stuff like bright eyes and rilo kiley DEFINITELY fit in there. But no one calls that type of music emo today. It was very much of its time. But as a scene kid in the early aughts we def called it emo.

That's how I think of it. I think The Weakerthans are emo (indie rock emo) but I think most of the time when people say emo they mean the MCR kind.

That's how I think of it. I think The Weakerthans are emo (indie rock emo) but I think most of the time when people say emo they mean the MCR kind.
Weakerthans were so good

In 2000 in college a friend said to me about the Weakerthans, "Jon, they're emo youd like them." They were right!

Back