Pre-Order Thread

Jai Paul put out new music for the first time in 6 years. Electronic community is going wild because he's only really released two real singles like 6+ years ago and had one EPs worth of music leak in 2013 and that's basically it. It's like Frank Ocean's return if he dropped Novacane and Pink matter and left for 7 years, if you need a reference.

He put up a bunch of merch and vinyl. The vinyl for his two new songs sold out already, but the other two are still up

BTSTU: https://jai-paul.com/btstu_remasterd_vinyl . Never been on vinyl before.

Jasmine: https://jai-paul.com/jasmine_remastered . Been on vinyl twice but super rare and expensive. This one includes a poster and is on colored vinyl.

Here's the songs:

Already posted this on Barry Lird's profile, but got too high and bought everything I could get. Glad to be able to support him.

Last edited:
I think mine would actually have pretty good stuff...at least none of the bands you mentioned (sorry). I was way cooler and much more obsessive about music back then. Guess I'm gonna have to go exploring into my deep storage now...
Word. my problem was that I THOUGHT I was cooler back then. Thankfully In my early 20’s I completely stopped giving a shit and got over myself.

nothing is happening so a surprise drop from an artist who has name cred and and mystique that far exceed that of Frank Ocean is guaranteed to be the top music news of the day.
probably the whole weekend.
surprise drops are common now.

No. By "what's the deal?" I just mean, don't send me shit on the weekend, because I'm going to miss it.

Update on my melted/warped Flying Lotus white vinyl.

Amoeba wrote back saying they were indeed sold out of white, that i could exchange for black or return for a refund.

The refund idea isnt great bc i paid with the voucher from that Amoeba groupon so it would likely be store cred.

Not sure what im gonna do.

New single - On Graveyard Hill

Now does anyone know of a US preorder site. $33 shipping hurts.

What? $33? How?!

rickey_mind_blown.gif

I have a Sharp minidisc player in a shoebox somewhere. I mostly used it to record shitty DMB Bootlegs plus it was easier to make a mix tape as CD burning wasn’t yet a thing yet but cassettes were already moving to obsolescence. The only actual Minidisc Album I purchased was Jeff Buckley’s “Grace”. The the first half of the 1990’s were a crazy time.
Think I bought mine in 2000. It was a refurbished Sony from eBay for $90. First eBay purchase ever and I had to beg my parents for it, since buying things on the internet back then seemed like an instant scam.

Believe I made a couple mixes and played them ad nauseam. But I also remember that the process was very painful, and I screwed a couple of the discs up. So then I went to Best Buy and bought a case of the rewritable ones. By the time I checked out the craze was already over and we had gotten a CD burner so that was that. Gonna have to dig it out of storage now it seems.

Edit: Found 'er https://www.ebay.com/p/Vintage-Sony...ecorder-Player-E9/2254331033?iid=173850755188

Back