Pre-Order Thread

I'm really debating this one. If I get this one it will break my spending limit for the month. I like this album a lot, but I don't know how often I'd sit down and listen to it on vinyl. I listen to it somewhat on my phone, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant an almost $40 purchase

EDIT: decided I might pass tbh, I feel like this one will just sit on my shelves if I buy it

This is a fantastic album and one that I was hoping would get a press eventually. It's certainly worth the ~$40 shipped price for its idiosyncrasy and daring mixture of music genres alone. Ahead of its time, and still nothing quite like it since then.
That said, velocity: design: comfort is not an album many of us would be clamoring to listen to by itself. It is jarring with twists and turns that may turn off first time listeners. I probably would only play this a few times myself if I were to own it.

You are a strong human being for passing up an album and not getting FOMO. I applaud you for that seriously.

Seconded on those sentiments. I'd like to think there may be a sale for the standard black 2xLP edition in the future elsewhere ;)

This is a fantastic album and one that I was hoping would get a press eventually. It's certainly worth the ~$40 shipped price for its idiosyncrasy and daring mixture of music genres alone. Ahead of its time, and still nothing quite like it since then.
That said, velocity: design: comfort is not an album many of us would be clamoring to listen to by itself. It is jarring with twists and turns that may turn off first time listeners. I probably would only play this a few times myself if I were to own it.

Seconded on those sentiments. I'd like to think there may be a sale for the standard black 2xLP edition in the future elsewhere ;)
Yeah I love this album, and have listened to it here and there probably 10+ times, but I'd be lying to myself if I said I'd listen to it enough for a $40 price tag. I'm willing to bet that this album is popular enough to warrant a standard pressing later for cheaper, which I'm hoping will be cheap enough for me to pull the trigger

Their seem to be new strokes reissues.i see them lsited on jpc.de for a release onfebruary, 7th.

The Strokes: Is This It (Limited Edition) (White Vinyl), LP

The Strokes: Room On Fire (Limited Edition) (Translucent Red Vinyl), LP

The Strokes: First Impressions Of Earth (Limited Edition) (Silver Vinyl), LP
Has there been any more info on these anywhere?

View attachment 23082

Books A Million Variant.

1580333381491.png

Also signed color copies at Newbury Comics

Coming soon from Soul Step Records....

Soul Step Records proudly announces SSR-025 is back in print!

It is always a great problem to have a run of vinyl sell out. It’s been almost a year since you could purchase one of our most in-demand LP’s - Amythyst Kiah & Her Chest of Glass. Soul Step Records is proud to announce that they are releasing the 2nd Pressing!

Few in the music industry has experienced a better year than the one Amythyst Kiah has. Performing all over the world, securing an opening slot on YOLA’S world tour, releasing an album with Our Native Daughters to critical acclaim, and to top it off - a GRAMMY nomination for her song, “Black Myself.”

Needless to say, this album Amythyst Kiah & Her Chest of Glass is in demand. With a depth of voice well beyond her years, Amythyst Kiah presents a collection of songs that are rooted in yesterday but certainly resonate in the present. For Fans of Alabama Shakes, Rhiannon Giddens, and Our Native Daughters.

If you missed the first pressing of this amazing LP, then you need to ensure you get to have this in your collection for years to come. Available to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, February 1st and to the general public on February 3rd via FatBeats distribution. There will be a limited to 100 variant of this vinyl on CRYSTAL CLEAR DIAMOND color vinyl.

Don't forget our special Wax Mage variant - Limited to 20 as well as standard black vinyl. IMG_8151.jpgIMG_8156.jpg

After the reissue of Summer Breeze, here comes Gentle Breeze - for all you Japanese City Pop fans:

tmp_2F1580341692512-oxs3w1exkaa-b70ab2ef615d8eadd1cfd8718b4a678a_2FGentle%2BBreeze%2BLITA%2BMOCKUP.jpg

Back