Pre-Order Thread

I actually just read this article and was going post it here. I really like Nathaniel's writing, he has some beautiful stuff on Tearing at the Seams. So while I totally dig the sound of him with the Nightsweats, I'm pretty sure I'll like this record too. And he's playing near me in February, so I think I'll try to go see him on the tour for this as well.
Totally agree. Tearing at the seams is a beautiful record. I dont have the debut because i opted for the live at red rocks lp which has a great energy and the preservation hall jazz band

Not a record but a music adjacent pre-order I just saw and am pretty excited about. (Hopefully the price drops a bit between now and the release date though) @Dead C I am not sure if you’re a Beasties’ guy but I know you’re a photo book guy...

I just finished reading this the night before last. Very enjoyable read.

It was my favorite album of 2018, I still spin it pretty regularly. So I'm guessing you'd recommend the Red Rocks lp then?
I recommend it a lot , but i have to say i have a faible for good live recordings. There is this version of s.o.b. they play with the preservation hall jazz band that i just love

I'm curious how this turns out. IT's supposed to be a Singer-singwriter record with just him Singing an playing guitar dealing with his divorce and Richard Swifts death.
Here's a longer article from Rolling Stone
really dig the new song off this that's on Spotify today

I recommend it a lot , but i have to say i have a faible for good live recordings. There is this version of s.o.b. they play with the preservation hall jazz band that i just love

Great album....great song...and outstanding live!

Nerd alert...but...a personal pet peeve is that audiences do NOT know how to clap to that song. They end up clapping on the quarter notes...when the clap is really on the upbeat between them...that's part of what makes the song cool.

You can hear it in the Red Rocks live recording. I bet the Night Sweats always get a kick out of that "live" aspect.

I just finished reading this the night before last. Very enjoyable read.
Probably referring to The Beastie Boys Book which is totally awesome and completely agree with this assessment. This pre-order is for a different book, It’s a book of Spike Jonze Photos that he took while working with the Beasties. If you enjoyed that book you might wanna check this out too, though it’s not set to be released until March.

Probably referring to The Beastie Boys Book which is totally awesome and completely agree with this assessment. This pre-order is for a different book, It’s a book of Spike Jonze Photos that he took while working with the Beasties. If you enjoyed that book you might wanna check this out too, though it’s not set to be released until March.

You are correct. I meant the earlier book. NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!

View attachment 28683

What’s the over under Magnolia sends this to us?

What’s the over under Magnolia sends this to us?

I was thinking this might be a possibility for February but it seems like every ROTM lately is a Dualtone release and this is a Stax/Fantasy album so I am just not sure. I also don't see anything being released in February that jumps out as a ROTM other than this than maybe John Moreland's new album.

Last edited:
I was thinking this might be a possibility for February but it seems like every ROTM lately is a Dualtone release and this is a Stax/Fantasy album so I am just not sure. I also don't see anything being released in February that jumps out as a ROTM other than this other than maybe John Moreland.

This is why I'm done with Magnolia for the forseeable future. I wanted a good mix of Country and Americana releases, not just albums from one record label. Same reason I quit Secretly.
There are very few labels I have that level of brand loyalty to.

1578583199160.png

• 150g random-colored vinyl based on album cover
  • 12", 1-LP
  • 12" x 12" color-your-own-cover insert
  • Colored pencil set*
Lilly Hiatt felt lost. She’d just returned home from the better part of a year on tour in support of her acclaimed third album, Trinity Lane, and, stripped of the daily rituals and direction of life on the road, she found herself alone with her thoughts for the first time in what felt like ages.

So Hiatt did what’s always come most natural to her in times of questioning and uncertainty: she picked up a guitar. Over the course of the ensuing winter, she wrote a mountain of new music that grappled with her sense of self and place in the world, reckoning with issues that had been bubbling beneath the surface of her subconscious in some cases for years. The result is Walking Proof, Hiatt’s fourth and most probing collection to date. Produced by former Cage the Elephant guitarist Lincoln Parish, the record walks the line between Hiatt’s rough, rock and roll exterior and her tender, country roots, exuding a bold vulnerability as she takes a deep and unflinching look in the mirror. What emerges is a newfound maturity in Hiatt’s writing, an abiding sense of calm in the face of chaos as she learns that sometimes, you have to let go in order to get what you want most.

By the time she headed into Parish’s Nashville studio in May, Hiatt had piled up more than twenty-five new songs, and with the producer’s help, she pared it down to a tight and cohesive eleven. After capturing the core performances live with her band over the course of roughly a week, Hiatt devoted the early part of the summer to finishing touches, which included contributions from friends like Amanda Shires and Aaron Lee Tasjan along with a guest appearance from her father, legendary songwriter John Hiatt, who joins his daughter on record for the first time here.

Lilly Hiatt’s not feeling so lost these days, and with Walking Proof, she’s crafted a roadmap to share with the rest of us.

TRACKLIST:

Side A -

1. Rae
  2. P-Town
  3. Little Believer
  4. Some Kind Of Drug
  5. Candy Lunch
  6. Walking Proof
Side B -
  1. Drawl
  2. Brightest Star
  3. Never Play Guitar
  4. Move
  5. Scream

1578585252178.png

• First 150 vinyl pre-orders autographed by the band
  • Limited-edition 1st pressing feat. exclusive sleeve and clear colored vinyl (limited to 2,000)
  • Standard weight, Includes fold-out inner sleeve w/lyrics and digital download

Other Lives mark their return with the imminent release of their long-awaited fourth album For Their Love on 24th April 2020. Back on the horizon with their first new material since 2015, the album has been written and recorded at their iconic Cooper Mountain Sound studio based near Portland, Oregon. For Their Love follows 2015’s Rituals and while undoubtedly an Other Lives album, it finds frontman Jesse Tabish displaying a more candid narrative both in general and on a more personal level. For Their Love is a cohesive, concise body of work that exhibits the full range from this wonderful songwriter.

To coincide with the Makaya McCraven reworking and the 10th anniversary, the original Gil Scott-Heron version of I'm New Here is getting reissued with bonus vinyl containing previously unheard material.

gil-scott-heron-i-m-new-here-anniversaryedition-4000x4000.png

"In February 2010, the late, legendary musician, poet and author Gil Scott-Heron released his thirteenth, and last, studio album. First conceptualised in 2005, and ultimately produced by XL Recordings head Richard Russell during New York recording sessions that commenced in January 2008, 'I’m New Here' was Scott-Heron’s first album in thirteen years and found him sounding as vital, boundary-pushing and insightful as ever before. XL Recordings release a limited-edition, expanded version of the album on its 10th anniversary. In addition to the original album, the 'I'm New Here 10th Anniversary Edition' features two unreleased tracks - a cover of Richie Havens’ 'Handsome Johnny’ and a previously unheard Scott-Heron song 'King Henry IV’ - as well as a selection of other recordings from the original I’m New Here sessions that were only previously available on a rare, vinyl only deluxe version of the LP."

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

RIYL: The Kodan Armada, Gospel, Saetia, Jerome's Dream, Frail Body, William Bonney etc. Basically Screamo / Emo from the 90's. The best stuff. Dig it!

View attachment 28773

• 150g random-colored vinyl based on album cover
  • 12", 1-LP
  • 12" x 12" color-your-own-cover insert
  • Colored pencil set*
Lilly Hiatt felt lost. She’d just returned home from the better part of a year on tour in support of her acclaimed third album, Trinity Lane, and, stripped of the daily rituals and direction of life on the road, she found herself alone with her thoughts for the first time in what felt like ages.

So Hiatt did what’s always come most natural to her in times of questioning and uncertainty: she picked up a guitar. Over the course of the ensuing winter, she wrote a mountain of new music that grappled with her sense of self and place in the world, reckoning with issues that had been bubbling beneath the surface of her subconscious in some cases for years. The result is Walking Proof, Hiatt’s fourth and most probing collection to date. Produced by former Cage the Elephant guitarist Lincoln Parish, the record walks the line between Hiatt’s rough, rock and roll exterior and her tender, country roots, exuding a bold vulnerability as she takes a deep and unflinching look in the mirror. What emerges is a newfound maturity in Hiatt’s writing, an abiding sense of calm in the face of chaos as she learns that sometimes, you have to let go in order to get what you want most.

By the time she headed into Parish’s Nashville studio in May, Hiatt had piled up more than twenty-five new songs, and with the producer’s help, she pared it down to a tight and cohesive eleven. After capturing the core performances live with her band over the course of roughly a week, Hiatt devoted the early part of the summer to finishing touches, which included contributions from friends like Amanda Shires and Aaron Lee Tasjan along with a guest appearance from her father, legendary songwriter John Hiatt, who joins his daughter on record for the first time here.

Lilly Hiatt’s not feeling so lost these days, and with Walking Proof, she’s crafted a roadmap to share with the rest of us.

TRACKLIST:

Side A -

1. Rae
  2. P-Town
  3. Little Believer
  4. Some Kind Of Drug
  5. Candy Lunch
  6. Walking Proof
Side B -
  1. Drawl
  2. Brightest Star
  3. Never Play Guitar