Pre-Order Thread

LITA has some new Studio Ghibli OSTs:

LITA has some new Studio Ghibli OSTs:

Not a bad price considering Japanese MSRP + shipping + custom costs.

1578499771269.png

New The Men Album, Mercy up for preorder on Sacred Bones
3835C92C-C4F0-437B-8AD1-CCFCACE46DF7.jpeg
***Sacred Bones Mail-Order Exclusive Edition: Edition of 250 copies, pressed on purple splatter vinyl, in an exclusive wrap around sleeve, wax sealed, hand-numbered and available by mail-order only. ONE PER PERSON LIMIT.***

New York band The Men have always been genre-morphic and unpredictable, but on their eighth album Mercy they have truly done something new as a band. For the first time since forming, they have now created three straight records with the same lineup, and the result is a sound that feels developed and continuous despite running the gamut of mood, in true Men fashion. Having this lineup stability has allowed the band to deepen and finesse the sounds they were exploring on 2017’s Drift and produce tracks that have a unique and distinct voice.
Mercy was recorded live at Serious Business studio to 2" tape with Travis Harrison. The band did minimal overdubs, contributing to the urgent feel of the recording. The album is simply the sound of a band that has a deep and unjaded passion for songwriting and creation, working at the peak of their collaborative connection.

Upcoming Magic Sword record from Joyful Noise. The limited VIP edition (you have to sign up to access VIP records) looks insane, and comes with a comic book:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.58.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.58.34 AM.png
    716.1 KB · Views: 3
1578504209206.png

Saddle Creek Store Exclusive (Limited edition of 200, Limit of 2 per customer):

• Coke Bottle Clear vinyl pressed at GZ
  • Foil stamped jacket
  • Printed inner sleeve
  • Includes digital download
Standard LP:

• Black vinyl pressed at GZ
  • Foil stamped jacket
  • Printed inner sleeve
Indie Exclusive transparent blue vinyl (Limited edition of 300) available at participating independent record stores on March 6th.

Disq have assembled a razor-sharp, teetering-on-the-edge-of-chaos melange of sounds, experiences, memories, and influences. Due out March 6 on Saddle Creek, Collector ought to be taken literally—it is a place to explore and catalogue the Madison, Wisconsin band’s relationships to themselves, their pasts, and the world beyond the American Midwest as they careen from their teens into their 20s. This turbulence is backdropped by gnarled power pop, anxious post-punk, warm psych-folk, and hectic, formless, tongue-in-cheek indie rock.

Collector , like the band itself, is defined and tightly-contoured by the ties between the five members. Raina Bock (bass/vocals) and Isaac de Broux-Slone (guitar/vocals) have known each other from infancy, growing up and into music together. Through gigging around Madison, they met and befriended Shannon Connor ( guitar/keys/vocals), Logan Severson ( guitar/vocals), and Brendan Manley (drums)—three equally dedicated and adventurous musicians committed to coaxing genre boundaries.

Produced by Rob Schnapf, Collector is a set of songs largely pulled from each of the five members’ demo piles over the years. They’re organic representations of each moment in time, gathered together to tell a mixtape-story of growing up in 21st century America. The songs are marked by urgency, introspection, tongue-in-cheek nihilism, and a shrewd understanding of pop and rock structures and their corollaries—as well as a keen desire to dialogue with and upset them.

Release Date: March 6th, 2020

TRACK LIST

01. Daily Routine
02. Konichiwa Internet
03. I’m Really Trying
04. D19
05. Loneliness
06. Fun Song 4
07. Gentle
08. Trash
09. I Wanna Die
10. Drum In

1578504298260.png

The Moon is an Ashtray" is a full-length original album, influenced by sounds of classic rhythm & blues, swamp pop & early rock n’ roll, and classic country & western, proving Miss Tess is an embodiment of everything that it still home-grown in America.

TRACK LISTING
1. The Truth Is
2. True Flood
3. Gamblin’ Man
4. The Moon is an Ashtray
5. I Wanna Be a Cowboy
6. If You Don’t Know How to Love Me
7. Take it Easy
8. Sugarbabe
9. One Little Kiss
10. These Blues
11. Human Being
12. Riverboat Song

Produced by Andrija Tokic, Thomas Bryan Eaton, Miss Tess
Recorded & Mixed by Andrija Tokic at the Bomb Shelter in Nashville, TN
Mastered by John Baldwin

View attachment 28689

Saddle Creek Store Exclusive (Limited edition of 200, Limit of 2 per customer):

• Coke Bottle Clear vinyl pressed at GZ
  • Foil stamped jacket
  • Printed inner sleeve
Standard LP:

• Black vinyl pressed at GZ
  • Foil stamped jacket
  • Printed inner sleeve
Indie Exclusive transparent blue vinyl (Limited edition of 300) available at participating independent record stores on March 6th.

Disq have assembled a razor-sharp, teetering-on-the-edge-of-chaos melange of sounds, experiences, memories, and influences. Due out March 6 on Saddle Creek, Collector ought to be taken literally—it is a place to explore and catalogue the Madison, Wisconsin band’s relationships to themselves, their pasts, and the world beyond the American Midwest as they careen from their teens into their 20s. This turbulence is backdropped by gnarled power pop, anxious post-punk, warm psych-folk, and hectic, formless, tongue-in-cheek indie rock.

Collector , like the band itself, is defined and tightly-contoured by the ties between the five members. Raina Bock (bass/vocals) and Isaac de Broux-Slone (guitar/vocals) have known each other from infancy, growing up and into music together. Through gigging around Madison, they met and befriended Shannon Connor ( guitar/keys/vocals), Logan Severson ( guitar/vocals), and Brendan Manley (drums)—three equally dedicated and adventurous musicians committed to coaxing genre boundaries.

Produced by Rob Schnapf, Collector is a set of songs largely pulled from each of the five members’ demo piles over the years. They’re organic representations of each moment in time, gathered together to tell a mixtape-story of growing up in 21st century America. The songs are marked by urgency, introspection, tongue-in-cheek nihilism, and a shrewd understanding of pop and rock structures and their corollaries—as well as a keen desire to dialogue with and upset them.

Release Date: March 6th, 2020

TRACK LIST

01. Daily Routine
02. Konichiwa Internet
03. I’m Really Trying
04. D19
05. Loneliness
06. Fun Song 4
07. Gentle
08. Trash
09. I Wanna Die
10. Drum In

Cool! I don’t remember where I heard someone talking about these guys but I remember really digging the few songs they had online.

Not a record but a music adjacent pre-order I just saw and am pretty excited about. (Hopefully the price drops a bit between now and the release date though) @Dead C I am not sure if you’re a Beasties’ guy but I know you’re a photo book guy...

I'm both. Thanks!

This is actually my Facebook profile photo

FB_IMG_1578508678810.jpg

And these Ricky Powell photos are up on our walls

20200108_103557.jpg

20200108_103639.jpg

20200108_103345.jpg

I saw this book was coming out and, if I can't work a free copy, I'll probably just buy one like a decent person.

Baroness - First & Second

View attachment 28683

I'm curious how this turns out. IT's supposed to be a Singer-singwriter record with just him Singing an playing guitar dealing with his divorce and Richard Swifts death.
Here's a longer article from Rolling Stone

1578513489460.png

I'm curious how this turns out. IT's supposed to be a Singer-singwriter record with just him Singing an playing guitar dealing with his divorce and Richard Swifts death.
Here's a longer article from Rolling Stone

I actually just read this article and was going post it here. I really like Nathaniel's writing, he has some beautiful stuff on Tearing at the Seams. So while I totally dig the sound of him with the Nightsweats, I'm pretty sure I'll like this record too. And he's playing near me in February, so I think I'll try to go see him on the tour for this as well.

I actually just read this article and was going post it here. I really like Nathaniel's writing, he has some beautiful stuff on Tearing at the Seams. So while I totally dig the sound of him with the Nightsweats, I'm pretty sure I'll like this record too. And he's playing near me in February, so I think I'll try to go see him on the tour for this as well.
His earlier stuff before the Night Sweats was singer songwriter folksy type of music too. He does it quite well though I much prefer the Night Sweats sound.

Back