Pre-Order Thread

1575403022727.png

View attachment 24777

Wish I'd known this would happen. Could have saved $15. Oh well, if anyone deserves my money, it's the Sad.

Price is my reason. I don't have any desire to own original presses vs. represses. I'm in it for the music alone and I'm no audiophile so unless a repress is very bad, I'll go with the more economical option. I'd rather pay 20 for an Anodyne repress than $70+ for an OG pressing.

No shade to those who feel/collect differently.

No shade perceived.
My rationale is typically "I have this on CD and a digital version" do I really NEED a color Vinyl/reissue copy - Answer No. But an OG Vinyl copy of one of my favorite albums....that might be a different answer.

But I would rather pay $20 too. Maybe the reissue will drive down the market price enough to make me pull out the credit card.

Thanks.

No shade perceived.
My rationale is typically "I have this on CD and a digital version" do I really NEED a color Vinyl/reissue copy - Answer No. But an OG Vinyl copy of one of my favorite albums....that might be a different answer.

But I would rather pay $20 too. Maybe the reissue will drive down the market price enough to make me pull out the credit card.

Thanks.
But they're both reissues. There isn't an original press. Might even be a repress of the same plates. We'll see.

The “first press” was a Rhino reissue in 2010 - no vinyl in ‘93 that I’m aware of. No great shakes there, aside from the RTI manufacturer. Certainly not enough to tag it for over $100, particularly when it’s Rhino doing it again at 1/5th the price. Originals are dropping, only in the sense that they sat at $120+ for quite awhile. The last reissues of ND and even the ND outtakes were solid, so I’m feeling pretty good about this.
Well - that's an argument that might sway me towards a purchase. Thanks @Corycm

Suddenly! New Caribou!

Rough Trade Exclusive:

Awesome. I love Caribou's music. Out of curiosity, anyone seen his live show? I'm tempted to see him on this tour, but electronic musicians can be hit or miss live. Two of the best I've seen are FlyLo and Nosaj Thing because their incorporation of audio-visuals. What does Caribou do? Anyone know?

Awesome. I love Caribou's music. Out of curiosity, anyone seen his live show? I'm tempted to see him on this tour, but electronic musicians can be hit or miss live. Two of the best I've seen are FlyLo and Nosaj Thing because their incorporation of audio-visuals. What does Caribou do? Anyone know?
I actually saw Caribou open for Super Furry Animals but that was way back in 2006. At that point it was just 2 guys behind drum sets surrounded by keyboards. I'm sure their show has evolved since then.

Back