Pre-Order Thread

They sent me a new toe because it was warped. Unfortunately the next one was worse so I gave up. My mid air thief is an even dish warp so I figured it wasn't worth a replacement. Hopefully they get back to you soon.
Walter Sobchak:
You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

The Dude:
Yeah, but Walter...

Walter Sobchak:
Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish.

This has been one messed up pre-ordering experience.

I don't think they had an idea of the amount of pre-orders they would get, as Vol. 1 sold out pretty quickly - 2 & 3 followed up soon after - and then the original pages went dead - the shipping dates changed a couple times - the pages came back - other pages popped up along with the ones I ordered - the shipping dates changed again (this morning Amazon tells me I'll get Vol 2 on the 27th - 2 days after release date) - now the pages are dead again.

I ordered all 3 from Target during their deal a few weeks back. I haven't received any of them yet. Hopefully, Target uses their corporate power for good and secures me my copies.

Sadly, it'll be digital only:
Hyperdub and Adult Swim are releasing a joint compilation called HyperSwim.

19 Hyperdub affiliates have contributed new tracks to the record, including Burial, Ikonika, Laurel Halo, Angel-Ho, Lee Gamble, Dean Blunt, Doon Kanda, DJ Haram and Fatima Al Qadiri.

HyperSwim, part of Hyperdub's 15th anniversary celebration, will be streamed in its entirety on November 22nd. The following day, the compilation will be available as a digital-only release on all platforms.

Hyperswim_cover_HDapproved.jpg

On Alc's bandcamp.
I hope you realize now exactly what Alc has been doing these past couple years with this vinyl shit. Checkers, not chess.

lol that pricing... if I were a fan, I'd be pissed.
Yeah, the hip-hop thread isn't exactly thrilled. It will still sell out so expect even higher prices on underground hip-hop soon! After that it bleeds into the mainstream market.
Welcome to the world of independent rap vinyl in the year 2019. It suuuuuucccckkkks. Half of the hip hop thread here is just us complaining about prices.

I'm just glad they got the samples cleared so this can exist outside of Datpiff, Soundcloud, etc. Maybe it'll hit streaming next!

I'm just glad they got the samples cleared so this can exist outside of Datpiff, Soundcloud, etc. Maybe it'll hit streaming next!
I'm 100% promising samples did not get cleared man. Why do you think anything Al has put out with Schoolboy hasn't been put on streaming? Same goes for Griselda, WWCD will be the first project with sample clearance yet they've all gotten physical releases. Justify the purchase as a fan however you see fit, this is robbery and will only get worse imo.

I'm 100% promising samples did not get cleared man. Why do you think anything Al has put out with Schoolboy hasn't been put on streaming? Same goes for Griselda, WWCD will be the first project with sample clearance yet they've all gotten physical releases. Justify the purchase as a fan however you see fit, this is robbery and will only get worse imo.

Interesting....so they only need to clear samples for streaming services? I thought it was all physical releases. That is why Kill Em All got taken down and Mount Tambora cant be streamed

Im not worried about the price for something I see value in. At least im not paying the same for a 10 track 28 minute album.

I just dont see why its such a big deal that Action does this when he saw Griselda do it for 4 months every 2 weeks....I never shit on anyone for paying 50 to 60 plus shipping for those Griselda DRW Daupe etc drops every 2 weeks. I just watched and waited for represses

Interesting....so they only need to clear samples for streaming services? I thought it was all physical releases. That is why Kill Em All got taken down and Mount Tambora cant be streamed

Im not worried about the price for something I see value in. At least im not paying the same for a 10 track 28 minute album.

I just dont see why its such a big deal that Action does this when he saw Griselda do it for 4 months every 2 weeks....I never shit on anyone for paying 50 to 60 plus shipping for those Griselda DRW Daupe etc drops every 2 weeks. I just watched and waited for represses
No one is shitting on you so stop taking stuff personally. This is $75 for a plain black copy of an album with 500 pieces available being shipped from inside the country. They are making $100k on this pressing alone which isn't fan friendly what so ever. No one was happy with the De Rap Winkel prices and complained accordingly. We each support our favorite artists how we choose but we can also call out our favorite artists for gouging.

Sadly, it'll be digital only:
Hyperdub and Adult Swim are releasing a joint compilation called HyperSwim.

19 Hyperdub affiliates have contributed new tracks to the record, including Burial, Ikonika, Laurel Halo, Angel-Ho, Lee Gamble, Dean Blunt, Doon Kanda, DJ Haram and Fatima Al Qadiri.

HyperSwim, part of Hyperdub's 15th anniversary celebration, will be streamed in its entirety on November 22nd. The following day, the compilation will be available as a digital-only release on all platforms.

Hyperswim_cover_HDapproved.jpg
Seeing that it's Burial, I'm expecting a physical release of his track to appear somewhere down the road. But who knows really... I'm an avid collector of all things Burial and I love having physical media of his stuff. I'm currently only missing two records of his. The Jamie Woon remix ep and the Massive Attack remix.

Did anyone ever receive their copy of mid air theif? Contacted their team but haven't heard a response in over a month
I received mine today everything was in top notch shape the jacket was not damaged and the album was flat (the colored wax turned out great). The pressing itself could be better. Pretty noisy throughout including a persistent pop that hits pretty much every revolution of side 1. I will give it a quick cleaning before I spin it again and see if that does anything.

Back