Pre-Order Thread

1713281468598.png

Seal better buy me dinner before expecting me to bend over and pay that price for his sig.
Screenshot_2024-04-16-11-50-29-01_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Seal better buy me dinner before expecting me to bend over and pay that price for his sig.
View attachment 200458
Must have spent that Masked Singer cash.

I think Seal's fourth self-titled album might be my favorite of Seal's self-titled albums. It's not great, but I have fond memories of listening to the CD after it inexplicably appeared in my car one day.

ETA: is this post a halfhearted attempt to poke fun at how many times Seal titled his albums Seal? Kinda. But I also mean it.

ETA2: I'd honestly respect the hell out of it if his long term plan spanning 4 decades was to eventually release Seven Seals.

View attachment 200458

I'm pretty sure he lives in my neighborhood, so maybe I can get it signed IRL.

1713288619464.png

1713288976813.png

View attachment 200466

When my wife was much younger, she had a short-lived engagement to a guy that she ended up breaking off. Just this last week she told me that she knew it wasn't right when she spent Christmas with his family and every single gift they got her was DBZ merch. After the fourth or fifth gift she opened with a totally perplexed expression on her face, she finally asked her fiance what was going on, and he said he'd told his family that she liked all the same things he liked. It turned into a big fight and she ended up leaving in the middle of Christmas.

TLDR: I owe the existence of my family to a dummy that told his family to buy my wife Dragonball Z toys instead of things that she actually likes.

So I encourage everyone to order this and give it to a woman you hardly know at the holidays this year. It may be the catalyst for a complete stranger's future happiness. The ultimate PIF.

When my wife was much younger, she had a short-lived engagement to a guy that she ended up breaking off. Just this last week she told me that she knew it wasn't right when she spent Christmas with his family and every single gift they got her was DBZ merch. After the fourth or fifth gift she opened with a totally perplexed expression on her face, she finally asked her fiance what was going on, and he said he'd told his family that she liked all the same things he liked. It turned into a big fight and she ended up leaving in the middle of Christmas.

TLDR: I owe the existence of my family to a dummy that told his family to buy my wife Dragonball Z toys instead of things that she actually likes.

So I encourage everyone to order this and give it to a woman you hardly know at the holidays this year. It may be the catalyst for a complete stranger's future happiness. The ultimate PIF.

This is one of the best stories I've heard in quite a while!

I don’t know if Reddit was around when this happened, but if so, I feel very confident this guy would have posted some whiny, oblivious, self-serving AITA post the next day and been blown out of the water.

1713299679593.png

This is a great story, and your wife must be very patient if not angelic for opening that many DBZ items before asking wtf was up.

If I had tried this with my now-wife when we were engaged or dating, she’d have smelled patchouli through the gift wrapping of a Phish CD — even if there was no patchouli at all on the CD or even within 50 miles of the CD — and walked out without even unwrapping it.

View attachment 200390

1713355349950.png

I thought $33 for an EP was pricy, I didn't notice the shipping until after I checked out :oops:

1713361893556.png

Back