Pre-Order Thread

HarvestMoon-ClearLPMockup.png

1980, and Animaniacs was definitely a huge one for me. Ren & Stimpy I never really got into, and I don't rightly recall ever hearing of the other two.
Animaniacs I could watch for days. Hilariously, once Pinky & The Brain had their own show, my stepdad was the one who would get up early to watch that one. He loved those guys! We even bought the whole series on DVD for him a few years back.

A couple weeks ago I was singing the Chicken Boo song while doing the dishes and my wife was like "what the hell, how do you remember that?" 😂

No.
We were.

My son found a Ren & Stimpy shirt the other day because he thought I might be interested in it. It had little outlined images of them all over the entire shirt. The problem was that it had Rugrats and some other other Nickelodeon imagery mixed in. Ren & Stimpy feels like it's own thing to me and seems odd to mix it in with Rugrats or Doug, Rocko's Modern Life or something like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. One feels like my generation and the others don't, even if it was technically the same era

My son found a Ren & Stimpy shirt the other day because he thought I might be interested in it. It had little outlined images of them all over the entire shirt. The problem was that it had Rugrats and some other other Nickelodeon imagery mixed in. Ren & Stimpy feels like it's own thing to me and seems odd to mix it in with Rugrats or Doug, Rocko's Modern Life or something like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. One feels like my generation and the others don't, even if it was technically the same era
Ren & Stimpy was probably a bit much for Nickelodeon, It felt weirder and more subversive (and waaaaay more overtly disgusting) than anything else on Nickelodeon at the time. If I remember correctly, they would occasionally run reruns on MTV, which seemed like a much better fit with Liquid Television, MTVs Oddities, and Beavis & Butthead.

The only thing I can think is the team behind R&S had previously created an updated version of Mighty Mouse in the late 80s that was less a bit subversive and gross and more in line with kid’s programming (it’s still a pretty fun cartoon) and Nickelodeon didn’t really understand what they were getting. The early 90s Nickelodeon was an exciting time, it also gave us The Adventures of Pete & Pete which is arguably the greatest live action kids show of all time.

Ren & Stimpy was probably a bit much for Nickelodeon, It felt weirder and more subversive (and waaaaay more overtly disgusting) than anything else on Nickelodeon at the time. If I remember correctly, they would occasionally run reruns on MTV, which seemed like a much better fit with Liquid Television, MTVs Oddities, and Beavis & Butthead.

The only thing I can think is the team behind R&S had previously created an updated version of Mighty Mouse in the late 80s that was less a bit subversive and gross and more in line with kid’s programming (it’s still a pretty fun cartoon) and Nickelodeon didn’t really understand what they were getting. The early 90s Nickelodeon was an exciting time for kids TV it also gave us The Adventures of Pete & Pete which is arguably the greatest live action kids show of all time.
They also created an adult version of R&S that went over terribly, ramping up the gross humor without any of the redeeming qualities. It also doesn't help that the creator is a huge creep with sexual assault allegations (and confirmations) of minors under his belt. John Kricfalusi - Wikipedia

They also created an adult version of R&S that went over terribly, ramping up the gross humor without any of the redeeming qualities. It also doesn't help that the creator is a huge creep with sexual assault allegations (and confirmations) of minors under his belt. John Kricfalusi - Wikipedia
I think there is a documentary about him and his shittiness.

The only thing I can think is the team behind R&S had previously created an updated version of Mighty Mouse in the late 80s that was less a bit subversive and gross and more in line with kid’s programming (it’s still a pretty fun cartoon) and Nickelodeon didn’t really understand what they were getting. The early 90s Nickelodeon was an exciting time, it also gave us The Adventures of Pete & Pete which is arguably the greatest live action kids show of all time.

Yeah, it definitely ran on MTV, as well. Beavis & Butthead actually started out on Liquid Television, before getting it's own series.

Back up for preorder in ThirdManVaultStore. Was out of stock for awhile.

Back up for preorder in ThirdManVaultStore. Was out of stock for awhile.
This one went OOS a lot of places surprisingly fast.

Beavis and Butthead were animated shorts; I saw Frog Baseball in a Spike & Mike festival in San Francisco in the mid-90s.

Yeah, they started out as shorts. After Spike & Mike's, MTV Aired Frog Baseball and this one -- "Peace, Love, & Understanding" -- as segments on Liquid Television first, before giving them their own series. I always viewed Liquid Television as a collection of independent shorts they'd compiled together and showcased, although I guess a lot of the content actually was made specifically for the program. Aeon Flux was the one standout that always seemed a little longer than the other shorts on there

Yeah, they started out as shorts. After Spike & Mike's, MTV Aired Frog Baseball and this one -- "Peace, Love, & Understanding" -- as segments on Liquid Television first, before giving them their own series. I always viewed Liquid Television as a collection of independent shorts they'd compiled together and showcased, although I guess a lot of the content actually was made specifically for the program. Aeon Flux was the one standout that always seemed a little longer than the other shorts on there

HEAD!

Wasn’t that MTV Oddities along with Maxx? Those were two that I enjoyed a great deal. Roy the alien living in dudes head was the best. There was a team of freaks. The guy with the lawnmower blade stuck in head and the person with a fishbowl stuck in their mouth.

I enjoyed Liquid Television too, but outside of Eon Flux I don’t remember much of it.

Wasn’t that MTV Oddities along with Maxx? Those were two that I enjoyed a great deal. Roy the alien living in dudes head was the best. There was a team of freaks. The guy with the lawnmower blade stuck in head and the person with a fishbowl stuck in their mouth.

I enjoyed Liquid Television too, but outside of Eon Flux I don’t remember much of it.
The Maxx comic book was the bomb.

Back