Pre-Order Thread

I'd also liken demos + extra live content similar to bonus content / deleted scenes on DVDs/Blu-Rays. Unless it's a top 5 show or band for me, I'm likely not gonna touch them. With that said, I like diiv and am sure they have fans that fit this description. But they're pressing 5 THOUSAND of these. That's legacy band kind of numbers, especially when everyone who wants to own Oshin probably already does.

This can really be applied to all bands as noted above by @bettim84.

With that said (again), the used vinyl bins are gonna be awesome to thumb through in about 10-15 years.

Last edited:

Brazilian Shoegaze/Blackgaze artist. Description of the album is pretty Emo so I guess throw that in there as well. Limited purple vinyl preorders available.

Come from the small indie label Longinus Recordings who made some online news because of their release of the Korean Shoegaze artist Parannoul who Pitchfork reviewed really well. (vinyl soon to be on preorder this year...)

Label mostly does tapes but they are releasing a few vinyl editions for Sonhos, Parannoul, and Asian Glow.

Lastly all three artists did a split album called Downfall of the Neon Youth and its flipping amazing. Sadly the vinyl preorders sold out but I spoke with the label and they will probably put leftover stock online early next year.

I grabbed the Lunapark reissue, those ROG titles are not seen up here in the wild to often. Sadly looks like they are using an edited version of the cd cover instead of the Summershine lp version, which Captured Tracks used for the box set. (sorry I will stop nerding out)
View attachment 137700
I remember when Captured Tracks put out that box. Six albums for I believe was $100. I had it preordered, then foolishly emailed them to cancel because I thought that was too much money for six records. Good times 🤦‍♂️

I grabbed it, then picked up Rendezvous and Romantica separately
I eventually wound up getting everything directly from Luna's website, much of signed by Dean. The only ones I'm missing are Lunapark and Days of Our Nights. I really only would've liked this box for the book and the rarities record.

I grabbed the Lunapark reissue, those ROG titles are not seen up here in the wild to often. Sadly looks like they are using an edited version of the cd cover instead of the Summershine lp version, which Captured Tracks used for the box set. (sorry I will stop nerding out)

Nerding out is totally acceptable! I agree with you that it's disappointing, and it should be even easier for them to have access to the original cover art than the independent label who had to license it.

I'm considering getting this set even though I have the CT box... which leads to my own nerd frustration, that ROG keeps claiming this is the first time it's been available on vinyl in the U.S. All they had to do was add a minor clarifier, standalone/separate/individually, something, because I just have to open the Long Players box to grab Lunapark on white vinyl.

I think this is the sixth delay notice I’ve received.
View attachment 137722

I ordered this from Fat Cat and never got a shipping notification and it never arrived. They say they shipped it in Feb but won't give me any more info. I started seeing it is kind of hard to find online so I ordered a copy from Deep Discount and it came right away.

Back