Pre-Order Thread

im still salty they’re not playing south florida on their tour for this record this summer, given that it’s their (and mine) hometown 😔

also, this is coming out on an independent hardcore label, which is 1) dope and 2) likely to sell out instantly lol
Melvins just announced a summer tour...... everywhere except Florida apparently

It's punishment for living in America's wang paradise

Last edited:
The press release includes a quote from Dug saying it's a dream come true as he's wanted to be on sub pop since he was a teenager.

SUB POP distributed the reissue of There's Nothing Wrong With Love, since it was originally released on UP. QUASI is officially on SUB POP now, too. Built To Spill played alongside a full lineup of SUB POP artists like J. Mascis, METZ, Father John Misty and CLIPPING during the label's Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary celebration in Georgetown back in 2013 and I remember Doug distinctly mentioning some connection between the labels. Perhaps, it's that SUB POP was always distributing their titles, but I'm not sure.

I think it's funny that Doug signed to Warner Bros to release Perfect From Now On and, by that point, Warner had already bought out 49% of SUB POP making them only an indie label in the technical sense. That corporate merger is why Pavitt jumped ship on the label he started and it was during a period where they had, admittedly lost their way, trying to grow by pumping out garbage they didn't even believe in just to be big shots.

Built To Spill left Warner in 2017. Now they are signed to SUB POP 5 years later. In a sense, they were always on SUB POP, but are also still on Warner. It's odd if Warner was looking to sign them in the 90s and SUB POP was looking elsewhere.

Last edited:

I like all this Built to Spill talk. Back when they were a five piece, damn... those were incredible concerts. They basically had 3 lead guitarists, and had this massive wall of sound. Just loved that period. Saw them in a small bar in West Virginia once, after There is No Enemy was released. Never forget Doug just ripping that solo on Life's A Dream.

THE KILLS
NO WOW (INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL ALBUM + THE TCHAD BLAKE MIX 2022)

no_w_lpXM.png

Back