Pre-Order Thread

1649861086809.png

BJ keeps getting crazy with the shipping prices. He does ship Priority though I believe. He is now on his own label, so he is probably to make a solid living.
BJ is the ultimate grinder so I don’t like to talk shit and I had come to terms with him charging $10 previously to ship an LP. It seems silly to now get annoyed about another $4 but dang media mail is still under $5.

View attachment 135533

Fantastic. Somehow, No Wow is the only album I don't have from The Kills.

BJ is the ultimate grinder so I don’t like to talk shit and I had come to terms with him charging $10 previously to ship an LP. It seems silly to now get annoyed about another $4 but dang media mail is still under $5.
I believe he still does it all himself. And usually adds a personal note with it. Also his mailers are now personalized so maybe that’s why? Still on the high side though.

34125D89-341B-405D-85F5-8CC0148909A8.jpeg

1649865524943.png

If you are interested in this, sign up for small batch alerts from Craft. Title goes on sale on Friday.

I like all this Built to Spill talk. Back when they were a five piece, damn... those were incredible concerts. They basically had 3 lead guitarists, and had this massive wall of sound. Just loved that period. Saw them in a small bar in West Virginia once, after There is No Enemy was released. Never forget Doug just ripping that solo on Life's A Dream.

The first Built To Spill show that I had a ticket for had Heat Miser opening, but I informed my step dad (who looks nothing like David Bowie) that he was an "ass," so I wasn't allowed to go and I wound up jumping from a moving car that night.

I might have posted this before, but a friend of mine who grew up in Olympia used to bring his camcorder to shows whenever he could, back in the day, so he has a ton of early BTS footage, along with other bands who would come through the area like Fugazi. About 5 years ago, I discovered that he had a full show from a period before There's Nothing Wrong With Love, where they likely play the material for the first time. Calvin Johnsom then gets on stage with them to perform Halo Benders material, before any of that ever comes out, so it may be the first Halo Benders show, as well.

For anyone interested, I wrote a article with all of the footage in it that includes a detailed breakdown of the band's history/evolution up to that point and supplies context for the show and lineup.

*There's a lot here, but you could also just watch the videos

View attachment 135543
this is one I didn't expect. I love these guys, so more music from them is very much welcome.

I wonder if they'll eventually move on to a new vocalist and make new music

Back