Pre-Order Thread

1649772421670.png

1649772429993.png

1649772439342.png

My buddy Jo is the bassist in this band from Fort Collins. They’re solid! Thought I’d share it here. They’re raising funds to help pay for the record and keep going as a band. The vinyl option is very expensive but they have several other reward tiers. $10 download for the album.

Built to Spill's new one, out Sept 9 via Subpop. Yeeeeeesssssssssss!

First single:

1649780603410.png

chastity brown - sing to the walls

lots of signed options/bundles

this song was released a couple years ago, and may be different on the album, i'm not sure:

It seems like only yesterday but it was 2011 when Nikki Finney was accepting her National Book Awaard for her book “Head Off & Slit”. In her speech she said something that got to my core. She said, “One of the things I always thought about when I was very, very young and dreaming of being a poet was, 'Is it possible to write something absolutely beautiful about something absolutely heartbreaking or absolutely difficult or painful?'"

In that regard, This song feels to me one of my many attempts to say the difficult things beautifully. I began writing the tune a few weeks back before George Floyd’s life was taken. So the wind was about, so to speak. Amid this Uprising with smoke looming in the air over this whole city miles away my sweet and talented nephew was on his way home in Harlem and was beat up by the police.

My breaking point, my boiling over.

This collective trauma that black, indigenous, immigrant, and queer/trans folk feel is real. It’s every god damn day. Yet, we still thrive and flourish in our natural beauty, we still have swag and songs for days. We still have wild and wondrous imaginations like we are all the children of Octavia [Butler].

I went into my garage studio on June 2nd at noon and came out at 8pm having written and recorded the entire song on my iPad. It felt electric. It felt like a griot was singing the whole tune in my ear. And I was just trying to keep up. This is for me, my people, and the UPRISING to defund police here in Minneapolis and thereby set a new standard for how communities want to be protected.

everything else looks new. looks like brady blade drums and/or produces on this, so that's cool, too.

View attachment 131264

Real Gone Music is proud to present the original mono version of what most folks consider to be the single greatest postwar album of Western music, Marty Robbins' 1959 record Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs. Everything about this album is iconic, from its 'quick draw' cover art to the songs it contains''Big Iron,' 'Cool Water,' 'The Master's Call,' 'Billy the Kid,' 'The Strawberry Roan,' and, of course, 'El Paso' (here in its rare, full-length version)' that have come to define the Western genre. And the music has never sounded better than it does here: this clear with black 'gunsmoke' swirl pressing (by Gotta Groove Records) was remastered from the original tapes by Vic Anesini at Battery Studios in New York with lacquers cut by Clint Holley and Dave Polster at Well Made Music. Comes complete with the amazing original album art, too'a classic album now even more collectible than before!

Just got an email from Real Gone Music plugging this. I always figured this would be a VMP Country contender but now I wonder if there'll be an Exclusive store drop for it instead. Either way, a fucking great album and definitely worth the RGM price of $20.

Just got an email from Real Gone Music plugging this. I always figured this would be a VMP Country contender but now I wonder if there'll be an Exclusive store drop for it instead. Either way, a fucking great album and definitely worth the RGM price of $20.
I think there's a Newbury variant as well. But I like buying direct from Real Gone. Wouldn't be surprised to see a $35 VMP variant.

Back