Pre-Order Thread

Ken Yates has a new album out in June - I really enjoyed his last one, and his new one’s lead track features Kathleen Edwards. His last one, “Quiet Talkers” is also worth checking out.

Not to stoke FOMO and The Matador store says some should be available at local record stores come the release date but the Pavement Spit On A Stranger EP is sold out at both the Matador and Spotify stores and there is only 5 copies supposedly remaining in their Bandcamp store. @gafacaode @sahomerrocks @wokeupnew @Dead C @Matt M @Hemotep @nolalady @mitchwagz @mgp I waited for today to purchase (pay day) but didn’t think it’d be such a hot commodity. Just a heads up to those that may be interested.
Damn, missed it!
Thanks for looking out though!

EDIT: It was still available for pre-order at Rough Trade UK!

Last edited:
Any talk here about the fresh tape transfer and pressing of Funkadelic's Maggot Brain? Looks like a pre-order for late-March. Gatefold sleeve as well.

If any one sees any US pre-orders for this, please tag me! Thanks.

Any talk here about the fresh tape transfer and pressing of Funkadelic's Maggot Brain? Looks like a pre-order for late-March.

somebody please @ me when somebody knows of a U.S. pre-order for this.

Sorta new Shoegaze band. This is for their second ep.

This is an older song but shows how the music sounds.

Any talk here about the fresh tape transfer and pressing of Funkadelic's Maggot Brain? Looks like a pre-order for late-March. Gatefold sleeve as well.

wish there was info on who cut it/what the sources are etc. looks like digital source right?

I had forgotten how dangerous this thread is.

wish there was info on who cut it/what the sources are etc. looks like digital source right?
I have this one…
That the same label put out back in 2009. It sounds fine if not spectacular. I would imagine it’s digital though.

I have this one…
That the same label put out back in 2009. It sounds fine if not spectacular. I would imagine it’s digital though.
this new one says it's from a fresh transfer of the master tapes so i'd also assume digital.

this new one says it's from a fresh transfer of the master tapes so i'd also assume digital.
Yeah that would be my take too. The mastering on the 2009 pressing is alright. Regardless, this pressing is a bit hard to come by now. I think I picked it up cheap on Amazon back in like 2016. I would imagine it’s better than 4MWB pressing. The live version of Maggot Brain on disc 2 is tempting but unless is was a confirmed AAA, I’d probably just make do with my 2009 copy.

“Transfer from the tapes” makes it sound like they transferred to digital. It’s a hugely popular album and if it was AAA i think they would have said it was analogue.
But what's the point of doing a fresh transfer to digital instead of just using the old digital files used for the previous pressing that was mentioned a few posts up?

View attachment 126388

If anyone ordered this and is wondering where it is, I reached out to BV and they said it's delayed from the plant with no estimated ship date as of yet, so might be awhile before this shows up

Back