Pre-Order Thread

A few months ago, I pre-ordered the Anderson .Paak clear vinyl Ventura, but have yet to receive it and cannot get any info on who to ask or if it’s even been released yet. I looked on his website, but can’t find any contact info, and also don’t have the email confirmation. Can anyone confirm if they’ve received theirs yet or have any helpful information?
I finally received a shipping notification on 7/13 and it arrived 7/19. The shopify site was completely down for about a week before that happened, so I was partway convinced we wouldn't be seeing anything until 2020, but it finally came through. Sorry to hear y'all didn't get as lucky, but if its any consolation, it sounds/looks great and was packaged well. I'd try the contact button noted above, but its entirely possible you'll get your record before a reply there.

Pretty frustrating to see an abundance of copies for $12-$15 on amazon/UO so soon after a lengthy production delay with absolutely zero communication from the seller, but that seems to be the way of the game nowadays. What I don't understand is how some records, which are not a secret to the band's management, get so goddamn delayed in comparison to others. There were no known issues with the massive rollout of special editions of the National or Thom Yorke LPs (4AD and XL, respectively)... .Paak is on Aftermath, DR. FUCKING DRE's label! He knew there was going to be a quick follow up to Oxnard MONTHS before the release date. Why/how is he getting the shaft here?

Yes, I realize it's unlikely anybody here has a real answer to this.

A few months ago, I pre-ordered the Anderson .Paak clear vinyl Ventura, but have yet to receive it and cannot get any info on who to ask or if it’s even been released yet. I looked on his website, but can’t find any contact info, and also don’t have the email confirmation. Can anyone confirm if they’ve received theirs yet or have any helpful information?

Sorry to hear that, I got shipping confirmation on 7/14 and it arrived on 7/20. I hope those of you still waiting get it cleared up.

View attachment 13605

Crumb - Crumb EP (2017, reissue 2019)

Side A of Crumb's double EP reissue. I loved the Jinx album, but damn, I think I like this more! Beefier drums, even some saxophone! Less filters on all the instruments, sounds more natural. Love it! I'll post Locket soon.
Yep I like the EPs better too! Great stuff and just got mine too. Pretty bare bones packaging though haha!

View attachment 13605

Crumb - Crumb EP (2017, reissue 2019)

Side A of Crumb's double EP reissue. I loved the Jinx album, but damn, I think I like this more! Beefier drums, even some saxophone! Less filters on all the instruments, sounds more natural. Love it! I'll post Locket soon.
The bass on this made me stop what I was doing and pay attention. Well mixed and a great double EP.

while i wouldnt consider myself die hard there was a time when i considered them one of my favorite bands for sure. i havent heard a single note of the new album. im going to buy it blind in hopes to not be influenced by any opinions or snippets floating around out there.

This Tool release will be my first blind Vinyl purchase. Full Stop.

"All you read and wear or see and hear on TV
Is a product begging for your fat-ass, dirty dollar
Shut up and buy, buy, buy my new record
And buy, buy, buy, send more money
"

Yep I like the EPs better too! Great stuff and just got mine too. Pretty bare bones packaging though haha!
The bass on this made me stop what I was doing and pay attention. Well mixed and a great double EP.

Whoops, that was meant for What's Spinning lol. I agree with you both though!

View attachment 13632

I really want this but shipping to AUS is just way too expensive! Super happy to know this is getting a general reissue though as Storf said VMP will never press any NaS due to his sexual assault allegations!
3% battery! Living life on the edge!

Here's a link for those interested:

This is a pretty dope (and relatively reasonable) subscription type deal for Ariel Pink fans... 10 reissues, $200...

View attachment 13639

Wish I could swing this one...you only save a little money versus buying each album individually, but these are limited color. Can't tell if only these have the OBI strip.

Back