Pre-Order Thread

I love U2 but I am not in the same league as you guys. Also sadly, I’ve yet to pick any up on vinyl. I’ve got it all on CD or (gasp) mp3.

Like most people U2 are ok, at times good to great but they do tend to front load their albums with the singles so they can drag and Bono is a fucking pox lol.

Last edited:
I'm on Team Wife for this one. The one caveat being the Daniel Lanois produced albums are allowed, but only if someone else buys them!

Imagine sneaking your new album onto the iPhone free of charge and watching the entire world become enraged about it.

It's weird that, when I type that out, it actually sounds pretty amazing and like something I would, personally, relish in doing, but I understand that U2 and myself are very different people.

Imagine sneaking your new album onto the iPhone free of charge and watching the entire world become enraged about it.

It's weird that, when I type that out, it actually sounds pretty amazing and like something I would, personally, relish in doing, but I understand that U2 and myself are very different people.
I wouldn’t have cared that they put the album on my phone if it didn’t start auto-playing every. fucking. time. I plugged my phone into my car. And of course Apple iOS didn’t support auto-playing any non-Apple music app (Spotify) at the time. So I had to hear the beginning of California until I could remove it.

Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara
Barbara, Santa Barbara

The horrorrrrrrr

I would posit that not only is Joshua Tree through All That You Can’t Leave Behind one of the stronger modern album runs, but one of the most interesting of all time. If it weren’t for Forgettable Fire- I’d say you could extend that back to War. Remove October and you can take it back to Boy.

Back