Pre-Order Thread

Anyone ever win a contest from Music Millennium? I won a test pressing and then they told me afterwards I had to be a local which it def. didn't say on the form where I also entered my non-local address. Not a huge deal and I get it being for locals but kind of weak they didn't put that on the contest page that's available world wide on there website and asks for your address ahead of time. 🙃

Anyone ever win a contest from Music Millennium? I won a test pressing and then they told me afterwards I had to be a local which it def. didn't say on the form where I also entered my non-local address. Not a huge deal and I get it being for locals but kind of weak they didn't put that on the contest page that's available world wide on there website and asks for your address ahead of time. 🙃
Tell them your name is @Matt M

Tell them your name is @Matt M

That would have been a perfect idea but I actually asked them if I could have someone else that is local pick it up for me and I was going to throw it in the PIF thread but they said "Oh no! What a bummer! It has to be you, the same name that entered the contest" then hit me with "Hope you have a great day though!". At least it wasn't something I was super excited about winning I guess.

That would have been a perfect idea but I actually asked them if I could have someone else that is local pick it up for me and I was going to throw it in the PIF thread but they said "Oh no! What a bummer! It has to be you, the same name that entered the contest" then hit me with "Hope you have a great day though!". At least it wasn't something I was super excited about winning I guess.

I've definitely had my issues with them, which you can find in the Portland thread. They sent me a damaged record and also charged my card for more than I authorized and told me that I should have expected both

Sounds like a way for them to pull the listing and just sell it. I’d have offered to pay for shipping. If they declined, you know they’re up to something sketchy.

I've definitely had my issues with them, which you can find in the Portland thread. They sent me a damaged record and also charged my card for more than I authorized and told me that I should have expected both

Yeah, there replies made the situation a bit worse for me.. I just kept it positive and didn't let it affect me much but some of the wording def. rubbed me the wrong way especially once they found out I wasn't a "local". Your situation is much worse since it involved actual money and wasted time, that's the worst having to deal with unnecessary extra drama like that. I'm not sure if I have bought anything in the past from them but i'll def. be avoiding them probably from now on hearing your story on top of this. That's a shame because I try to add more indie shops to my buying list but it's not worth all that.

Sounds like a way for them to pull the listing and just sell it. I’d have offered to pay for shipping. If they declined, you know they’re up to something sketchy.

I actually did ask that as a final attempt! but they replied and told me "an actual local already was selected and picked it up" haha.. Sure happened really fast but whatever.

Just for reference this is what the contest forms look like

Which I told them it might be a good idea to mention it is for locals only since they ask for full address info but they completely just ignored that.

Yeah, there replies made the situation a bit worse for me.. I just kept it positive and didn't let it affect me much but some of the wording def. rubbed me the wrong way especially once they found out I wasn't a "local". Your situation is much worse since it involved actual money and wasted time, that's the worst having to deal with unnecessary extra drama like that. I'm not sure if I have bought anything in the past from them but i'll def. be avoiding them probably from now on hearing your story on top of this. That's a shame because I try to add more indie shops to my buying list but it's not worth all that.

I actually did ask that as a final attempt! but they replied and told me "an actual local already was selected and picked it up" haha.. Sure happened really fast but whatever.

Just for reference this is what the contest forms look like

Which I told them it might be a good idea to mention it is for locals only since they ask for full address info but they completely just ignored that.

Oh, that's fucked.

I got my money back, but I've also ordered items from them a couple times where they later told me they were out of stock. It seemed shifty, though, because they were slightly older out of print titles that were worth a bit, at the time, and, coincidentally, "just sold."

They need to make their vinyl more obtainable. I could only find Cheap Silver on their webstore and it was over $40 shipped and by the time the album got to me the jacket was beat AF by the time it got to me but Steak Night… I was able to grab off of Amazon for like $13. I would be fine with something in between.
^^ This. For $40-50 shipped you gotta do better than a colorway. But no black option (for Cheap Silver) either? I mean I like the album, but that’s a bit more than I’m willing to kick out for a “just ok” pressing.

Anyone ever win a contest from Music Millennium? I won a test pressing and then they told me afterwards I had to be a local which it def. didn't say on the form where I also entered my non-local address. Not a huge deal and I get it being for locals but kind of weak they didn't put that on the contest page that's available world wide on there website and asks for your address ahead of time.
That is pretty crappy. I have definitely entered contests of theirs and they never said anything about being local. My local, Grimey's also specifies that it is for locals only, but this sounds like some straight up crap right here. Note to self, don't ever order anything from Music Millennium. I would have offered to pay shipping but the fact that they wouldn't even let you do that is shady af.

At this point this sounds like the ladies that run the bookstore in Portlandia

It is in Portland
And only a mile or so from the bookstore where those scenes were filmed.

This whole thing is unfortunate. That said, I"ve been less than impressed with MM in recent years, so not terribly surprised. I stopped shopping there some time ago, and have been directing my local $ elsewhere. They don't have a mail order option, but 2nd Avenue Records is a great local shop well worth your time and $ if you ever make it to PDX.

Oh, that's fucked.

I got my money back, but I've also ordered items from them a couple times where they later told me they were out of stock. It seemed shifty, though, because they were slightly older out of print titles that were worth a bit, at the time, and, coincidentally, "just sold."
I've really stopped going there. I love what Terry the owner has done helping music in Portland, but their high prices and poor service lately have pushed me away.

This whole thing is unfortunate. That said, I"ve been less than impressed with MM in recent years, so not terribly surprised. I stopped shopping there some time ago, and have been directing my local $ elsewhere. They don't have a mail order option, but 2nd Avenue Records is a great local shop well worth your time and $ if you ever make it to PDX.

I liked 2nd Avenue and have only heard good things. There are some great shops out there. I was sad to see when Beacon Sound closed. I'd only been in there a couple of times, but I found some great stuff.

Sounds like straight-up douchebaggery to me!

I've really stopped going there. I love what Terry the owner has done helping music in Portland, but their high prices and poor service lately have pushed me away.
I've said it before a year ago, and I'll say it again:

Music Millenium is not a top5 Portland local.

Back