Pre-Order Thread

200.gif
None More Black were a great band

View attachment 103318

Any thoughts on the audio quality of recycled vinyl?

Any thoughts on the audio quality of recycled vinyl?

I've gotten a couple records on recycled vinyl and really didn't notice a dramatic difference between them and other standard pressings, but it's a contentious topic and I imagine more robust set-ups than my fairly basic one might pull the differences.

Granted, I also think that a lot of records are probably pressed on recycled vinyl and not noted so who knows.

I'm a few days late on this, but just caught this bummer at the end of the above interview:

"Gang Of Youths will play All Points East on August 30, and have also been confirmed as main support on Sam Fender's upcoming UK arena tour, which is currently in the process of being rescheduled. News of the third album will follow in the months ahead."

I'm a few days late on this, but just caught this bummer at the end of the above interview:

"Gang Of Youths will play All Points East on August 30, and have also been confirmed as main support on Sam Fender's upcoming UK arena tour, which is currently in the process of being rescheduled. News of the third album will follow in the months ahead."

Bummer. But I guess I don't have to worry about missing a pre-order for it.

Yeah. Joni needs to slow down a bit. FWIW I can put 2600 in my cart but not 2610 at the moment. Down from 4k.
Yikes! Keep us posted haha! It feels like a pretty unique situation where the LP box is only being sold on Joni's site, so I can't get away with my usual reason for procrastinating of waiting to see if it shows up somewhere else for less :( That's a lot of coin.

I've gotten a couple records on recycled vinyl and really didn't notice a dramatic difference between them and other standard pressings, but it's a contentious topic and I imagine more robust set-ups than my fairly basic one might pull the differences.

Granted, I also think that a lot of records are probably pressed on recycled vinyl and not noted so who knows.
I think the last bit is true.

My Gorillaz recycled variant sounded just fine. So I wouldn't worry. Also this is perhaps a more sustainable way of proceeding going forward.

Back